Sybase

www.sybase.com

Just like every other major SI

Consultant (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsPaid slightly higher salary than the other systems integrators I interviewed with. At the time I had about 4 years of software engineering experience in cleared government work.

ConsGenerally treated like the pawn you are. Was not at all impressed with the skill or competence of the management. Seemed like there was a high churn rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think every company says that it will be easy to move between contracts. Sybase was no different but when I wanted to move there was very little available despite their large footprint within the DC area.

Stable, with fits of chaos

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, CA

I have been working at Sybase

Pros: On-campus fitness center, daycare facility, cafeteria big pluses. Good healthcare and insurance benefits. Dublin campus… Cons: No telecommuting allowed. Christmas Week mandatory company shutdown uses up a week of worker's vacation time. This is always brought up during "Ask the CEO"… Advice to Senior Management: Your must-work-on-site rule is Draconian. What kind of example do we set to when we develop mobile software, but the developers themselves are not allowed… More

Great coworkers, definitely could have been a better experience with management.

Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) Concord, MA

I worked at Sybase

Pros: Great benefits. Good food in the cafeteria wonderful coworkers great company vision good pay Cons: lots of middle management to get in the way company is always moving toward… Advice to Senior Management: Help get entry level employees into better positions earlier before… More

There are newer reviews on Sybase.

Worked for Sybase? Contribute to the Community!