There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Working for Symantec has been a great experience for me.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Symantec

Pros

Symantec is a great company to work for.

Cons

Finding new projects for the group which has discontinued products.

Even since the merger with Veritas, Symantec has gone through some tough time. Maybe things could have been better if senior management made different decisions back then.

1660 Other Employee Reviews for Symantec (View Most Recent)

Sorry, wouldn't recommend working for this fortune 500 company

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Symantec

Pros

The company has a lot of benefits, but the company failed to help employees use them. The company purchasing and commuter plan is great. The at&t discount is also good. It's great that we get free Norton PC products to use at home. I'm sorry I really don't have much good things to say.

Cons

H.R. is in India, Takes forever to get a response from H.R. , Payroll and etc. I.T. is also outsourced to India. Horrible. No Sick days - use your vacation days "PTO Days". It seems that any time you have an Issue you have to contact the benefits provider. Oh you didn't get your benefits card, well you need to call Aetna and they should take care of that for you. Oh you didn't get your dental card call your provider. Your local site will most likely not have a Support staff. No paid lunch

Bring support functions back to the U.S., we are a US company! Does sprint nextel ring a bell.

Symantec review.

Former Employee - Principal Technical Support Engineer  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Principal Technical Support Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Symantec

Pros

I think that it is a place where you can work and be rewarded but it does require a lot of perseverance and patience as positions and promotions don't happen overnight.

Cons

Symantec is a large company and so the ability to stick out from the crowd and be noticed is very difficult. Additionally management doesn't always pick the correct person for the job.

Take a hard look at why you are doing and/or changing things and truly make changes for the good of the employees and the customers. I think too many decisions are based upon knee jerk reactions without any thought of what this may affect or how this could impact lives of the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!