There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

My Symantec: The world is a safer place because of my employer.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Symantec

Pros

Opportunity to be part of an innovative company. Part of one of the largest technology companies in the world. Symantec embraces a flat organizational chart that allows for easier access to senior officers. Symatec senior management has regular meetings to discuss the health of the company and how each employee is important to the overall success of the company.

Open door policies.

Cons

There are really not many downsides of working at Symantec. I would think that since Symantec is doing well that other companies may want the opportunity to acquire Symantec in a multi-billion dollar deal that would leave some of the employees to deal with yet another merger. But, the downsides are only a sign of better times on the horizon.

That we strive to provide more open doors in Latin America and the Carribean. With my roots in the latino culture, I have a genuine hunger for seeing Latin America excel in all aspects of life. I believe that Symantec can be part of satiating the hunger that I share with millions of Latino professionals.

1712 Other Employee Reviews for Symantec (View Most Recent)

We protect more people from more online threats than anyone in the world

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Symantec

Pros

Work that matters. It's what we do at Symantec. Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information. In essence, we protect the free flow of information in a connected world. As the fourth largest independent software company in the world, Symantec has operations in more than 40 countries with 475 out of Fortune's global 500 companies using our solutions.

People look to us to safeguard the integrity of their information, ensuring it is secure and available. Achieving this ambitious goal is only possible through the combined efforts of the innovators and visionaries that Symantec continuously attracts. Symantec draws the very best people with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and provides them with a work environment where uniqueness is valued and empowered. The creative people we attract help define the spirit of innovation at Symantec.

Cons

Competitive atmosphere will either make or break you. Symantec has grown to twice in size in less than 3 years after the merge with Veritas so there is now a mixed culture of both old and new culture which is both good and bad. The stock is no longer as fast as it was a couple of years ago when there was a Virus Outbreak almost every month. There is also a misperception of secured PCs becuase of the new OS features of Microsoft which gives ordinary folks a false impression of being secured. IN short, we are not as "hot" as we were before.

I know the consumer business is making all the right moves with our "new" strategy. Let's bring back the fun, bring back our power with the Norton brand, and kick butt again!!!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Cons

always need to keep raising the bar on the above, specifically: Good place to work, fun people, acquires lots of new and interesting technologies, big company so lots of room to grow and try new things, lots of online training courses and other opportunities for training, flexible work policies, leader in many spaces, ability to work from different offices, morale is good, people are motivated, lots of internal support to help you out, ability to take risks, personal visits from top management, good travel policies, sales and engineering teams are really good, competitive and well respected in the industry, very smart people to work with and can learn a lot from them. Things are great, but can always be better!

There are newer employer reviews for Symantec