There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Senior Manager

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Symantec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Positive, employee oriented culture. The ability to take business risks and make mistakes.

Cons

A changing organization that is trying to make a market change and it is difficult to realign a large organization.

Listen

reviews filtered by
  1. Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Symantec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, exciting working environment. Lots of challenging and fulfilling assignments. Excellent leadership, excellent direction.

Cons

Symantec as a whole was a great company to work for. However Symantec seems to be heavy into acquisitions, including buying competing technologies instilling internal competition and power struggles.

Great Pay, Bennies, and work environment

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Springfield, OR

I have been working at Symantec full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, especially for a town like Eugene/Springfield. It's a fun work environment, that offers challenges, and promotes a team centric feel. Most managers are great to work for, and the company truley promotes a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

The only constant in this company is that things change. I have been with the company for just over a year, and my role is shortly changing for the third time. Part of this is due to the industry itself, but it can be frustrating to know that your role will probably change every 3-6 months. For the size of the company (25k employees), sometimes it feels like it is run like a small business.

I would like to see management make a plan, communicate that plan to employees and STICK to the plan!

There are newer employer reviews for Symantec