There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Hopeless Company

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Symantec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cafeteria and location in mountain view

Cons

Glad to see the CEO sacked. All he did was come in and perpetuate layoffs. Most of those laid off were individual contributors with the least political capital. The talk and political savvy people who know how to kiss butt are still in charge. The rule to success at symantec is to kiss your boss and the boss's boss butt, else you are just a number. Extremely vicious politics, shady management who know how to be unethical without being illegal, suppress anyone who has a voice or wants to do the right thing. The women managers are the worst. Join to get the experience on your resume, but do not stay here.

1694 Other Employee Reviews for Symantec (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Lack of Leadership

Current Employee - Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Symantec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really like the Company, and so see that it has good potential. Security is a top priority for customers, and Symantec has a really good product line for all market segments.

Cons

When Steve Bennett joined the company his focus was to change the company culture from being revenue driven to customer driven, Sadly that did not happen, and in fact, the company environment has gotten worse. 3 quarters of missing our revenue numbers and we are back at the same old, same old...how do we get more money, regardless of impact to the customer. Treating employees fairly went out the window last year, when management changed our employee ranking system and eliminated the "Meets Expectations" category. We rank on a curve so 60% of the employees who were doing their job, got re-classified to Stronger Results Needed. No bonus for those who are SRN. And sadly, what is really apparent is that there is no vision or strategy of where the company is going. Most of the female executives have either left or been asked to leave. It has become an old boys club. Very disappointed.

Advice to Board of Directors...replace Steve Bennett.

Use to be a great place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I worked at Symantec full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best paying job in Eugene, great benefits, cool building, get to work in on of the top software companies in the US

Cons

While I no longer work there, my dept got eliminated in the 4.0 strategy, I have many friends who still do. The now compare the Sales group to the movie the boiler room, they have instituted a plan and pay structure with no idea how to make sure that someone can actually make plan.

There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!