Symantec

There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Hopeless Company

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Symantec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cafeteria and location in mountain view

Cons

Glad to see the CEO sacked. All he did was come in and perpetuate layoffs. Most of those laid off were individual contributors with the least political capital. The talk and political savvy people who know how to kiss butt are still in charge. The rule to success at symantec is to kiss your boss and the boss's boss butt, else you are just a number. Extremely vicious politics, shady management who know how to be unethical without being illegal, suppress anyone who has a voice or wants to do the right thing. The women managers are the worst. Join to get the experience on your resume, but do not stay here.

1777 Other Employee Reviews for Symantec (View Most Recent)

Two years of CHAOS

I worked at Symantec

Pros

Pros included 401k matching, liberal expense accounts, efficient expense reporting, and local travel subsidy. Unfortunately, no other pros to report. My experience here was a rude awakening to life in a cut-throat large corporation where you are truly just a number.

Cons

My time here was absolute chaos. I came in via an acquisition. Within 6 mos, my department then merge with another department. Six mos after that we merged with another, recent acquisition. I would hope that the whole company is not run like my department but overall the culture is really bad. Pointless, not well planned training sessions with co-workers who are viciously climbing the corporate ladder.

Slow down your pace of company acquisitions and put some better planning into place.

Amazing place to work at! I am more than satisfied to be a part of this company. Skipped my Google interview for it.

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Symantec as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Got my own office even though I am an intern, very competitive salary and great facilities in the office building. Good projects to work on.

Cons

None so far. Great place to work at.

Good stuff!