Hopeless Company

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Symantec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cafeteria and location in mountain view

Cons

Glad to see the CEO sacked. All he did was come in and perpetuate layoffs. Most of those laid off were individual contributors with the least political capital. The talk and political savvy people who know how to kiss butt are still in charge. The rule to success at symantec is to kiss your boss and the boss's boss butt, else you are just a number. Extremely vicious politics, shady management who know how to be unethical without being illegal, suppress anyone who has a voice or wants to do the right thing. The women managers are the worst. Join to get the experience on your resume, but do not stay here.

Other Reviews for Symantec

Two years of CHAOS

I worked at Symantec

Pros

Pros included 401k matching, liberal expense accounts, efficient expense reporting, and local travel subsidy. Unfortunately, no other pros to report. My experience here was a rude awakening to life in a cut-throat large corporation where you are truly just a number.

Cons

My time here was absolute chaos. I came in via an acquisition. Within 6 mos, my department then merge with another department. Six mos after that we merged with another, recent acquisition. I would hope that the whole company is not run like my department but overall the culture is really bad. Pointless, not well planned training sessions with co-workers who are viciously climbing the corporate ladder.

Slow down your pace of company acquisitions and put some better planning into place.

Driven

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Symantec full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of training opportunities. Company also offers career guidance. Managers get exquisite training in soft skills for negotiation, conflict resolution, and dealing with stress.

Cons

Culture is move up or move out. For customer issues managers are expected to be on call 24-by7 . Symantec grows by acquisition so your upper level management actually may not know your business.

There are newer employer reviews for Symantec.

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!