There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Symantec Rules!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Culver City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Symantec

Pros

Working with some of the smartest people on the planet. We are the best because we have the best people.

Cons

Long hours, less bonuses and stock lookback. SYMC has been getting cheaper and cheaper on benefits.

I can understand the .25c sodas but how cheap are you when you do away with the Aspirin?

1665 Other Employee Reviews for Symantec (View Most Recent)

Could be worse, folks...

Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Specialist  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Infrastructure Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Symantec

Pros

I am on a good team with a good manager. It is an OK place to work. I spent 10 years working for another tech co., much larger, and it was much worse.

Cons

Outsourcing IT. The company has grown via acquisition, too fast - it lacks a clear identity. The problem with Symantec is that it lives and competes in an environment where we have allowed corporations to have things pretty much their own way for almost 30 years - all we ask is that they are successful. It should be no surprise if we have a lot of companies that are good at making money, and not much else.

Avoid the wall street mindset like the plague. It may not seem like it, but this is yesterday's news - no place for a cutting-edge tech company to be.

Good place to work

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Symantec

Pros

Fast growing company. Provides opportunity for career growth. Good training opportunities if you have the time. Benefits are very good and comparable to other Tech companies. There are good opportunities to recognize co-workers that was introducted recently. This is in addition to the quarterly team and individual recognization programmes. Bonus plan is good. There are good network for women and diversity programs. Also offers flexible timing and work from home options which is good.

Cons

People have to put in long hours as in any Tech Global company. Lot of time is spent in consolidating data due to M&A

Sr Mgt should focus on the company assets ie. the people working for company.

There are newer employer reviews for Symantec

Worked for Symantec? Contribute to the Community!