Symbian
www.symbianfoundation.org London, United Kingdom 1 to 5 Employees

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

ProsSymbian was one of these rare situations where a team of brilliant people come together and make the most of a tremendous market opportunity. It was an incredibly well-led company that ran like a machine and produced some of the wides ever used software on the planet.

ConsTragically, Symbian's phone vendor shareholders did not realise the potential of the people in Symbian. While the software was getting outdated and contained a lot of legacy that could not be removed, they should have used the technical talent, management capability and development process experience available in Symbian to develop a new phone OS platform that could compete on a level playing field with Google Android.

Nice to work with Symbian and u love it

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bangalore (India)

I worked at Symbian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: So much Employee friendly and good pay Cons: no future for product and any way Nokia closed this… Advice to Senior Management: wrong step Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

coolest ever on the planet earth

Packer (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I have been working at Symbian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good thing that matters most Cons: real good in benefits and bonus annually Advice to Senior Management: very well Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Symbian.

Worked for Symbian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symbian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Symbian CEO Tim Holbrow. All reviews posted anonymously by Symbian employees.