Symetra
www.symetra.com Bellevue, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great people, but I'm concerned about the future.

Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMany of the company's "doers" care genuinely about the products/services they provide, and the company's customers. The benefits are good for the company's size. The flexibility to work from home or shift hours is nice, and shows focus on work-life balance.

ConsThe company's culture seems to be shifting to one that cares less about what the company is meant to provide, has less accountability, and makes employees afraid to speak up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget how important collaboration across levels is. Be careful not to alienate our dedicated and knowledgeable workforce. Improvement requires change, but being open & collaborative with employees is more likely to keep them on board with changes than keeping them in the dark is.

Come to the floors where the doers do, and maybe get your hands dirty with us occasionally. It's hard to stand behind a management team you never see, that works on a floor much nicer than any of the rest of us do, and that we hear from mostly when being blindsided by changes. The best managers ask, listen, and offer perspective.

Not perfect, but good so far

Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time for less than a year

Pros: * Great location - near restaurants and the transit center. * Competitive salary and good benefits package (including 401k match and generous stock purchase plan). *… Cons: * Change management - I'm ok with change, but feel that communication with employees could be better. I do believe that the company is moving… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management should work harder to communicate with and be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Symetra Investment services

Investment Advisor (Former Employee)
Phoenix, MD

I worked at Symetra full-time for more than a year

Pros: They have good products and high papyouts Cons: Their suport system is not that good Advice to Senior Management: They need a better overall support system for their reps Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Symetra.

Worked for Symetra? Contribute to the Community!

Symetra – Why Work for Us?

We're not exactly new kids on the block. Symetra’s been around for more than 50 years. We’re experienced, stable, financially strong—just what you need from an insurance company. But there’s more to us than that. We’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symetra reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Symetra CEO Thomas M. (Tom) Marra. All reviews posted anonymously by Symetra employees.