Symetra

www.symetra.com
  www.symetra.com
There are newer employer reviews for Symetra

Symetra is a good company!

Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been with the company for less than a year, but wanted to share my thoughts. There are many good things about this company, and more to come. Are there growing pains? Yes. Is it perfect? No. Having said that, you get what you give. If you are a hard worker and contribute, you'll be rewarded, which will lead to satisfaction. If not, well, you may gripe about things, which will lead to dissatisfaction. Pros include:

- Excellent location
- A lot of really great people who care about their jobs and the service they provide to our clients
- Good work environment, although it can be hectic at times. We're busy...it's good!
- Lots of potential to progress within the company
- Management is striving to empower people to come up with ideas, to provide suggestions on improving processes, to have a voice (I've noticed that some people thrive when given this opportunity, while others don't speak up). If you don't speak up, you shouldn't gripe.

Cons

There are a few cons:

- We seem to run in a reactive mode - there needs to be a paradigm shift to proactiveness, especially with work volumes
- Some teams seem to work in silos - if there was a more inclusive approach in managing work volumes, I believe the volume of work could be parsed out as needed

- Listen to the folks in the trenches...they have a lot to offer
- Make yourself more visible

125 Other Employee Reviews for Symetra (View Most Recent)

A good company with many nice people

Current Employee - Senior Administrative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Good compensation and benefits
    -Flexible work hours and great location
    -Supportive supervisors (luckily I have them)
    -Super friend people (most of them are)

Cons

-A lot of teams seem to be disorganized
    -Too many meetings for managerial level

I like Symetra!

Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting, challenging work-ability to advance in career-company supports education & training - great coworkers-salary is in line with experience & position-can work flexible hours & can work from home-good benefits--growing company with opportunities for those that are interested-I've worked at a lot of places all over the country, for lots of different kinds of people & Symetra is one of the best--complainers should try working at a really bad company, then compare.

Cons

Some managers need new personalities & micromanage too much--but, I happen to love my manager, the director of my unit & the VP of my department.

I think they do a pretty good job of keeping employees informed about the company and I think they are really invested in moving the company forward and growing

There are newer employer reviews for Symetra