Symetra

www.symetra.com
There are newer employer reviews for Symetra

This is a good place to work. The people are friendly, good work/life balance, and the location is great.

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Location is great and good work/life balance. I expected the benefits to be a little better but with all the change I think they are comparable.

Cons

From what I've gathered, company morale is pretty low. I think management is trying to make it better.

The manager of my group is really trying to boost morale in our dept. Everyone says she is doing a good job and that things have gotten better. She is trying to implement the changes the staff decided on at the end of 2013.

127 Other Employee Reviews for Symetra (View Most Recent)

Industry veteran still growing in marketplace.

I have been working at Symetra full-time

Pros

Benefits, hours, location, jeans dress code, great people, community involvement, bonus opportunity, recognition program, mentorship ops from employees in industry 15+ years. Hard work and leading by example are rewarded. Industry training, Engagement and personal development are a priority here.

Cons

Expensive parking, Management communication, Culture in flux, Some veteran employees mentality of entitlement and resistance to change affects culture and morale.

Keep listening to employees. Invest in manager "leadership" training including 1:1 coaching in departments with the most negative feedback. Budget for more Team building in each work group. Monitor and eliminate nepotism in work groups. Eliminate stack ranking of any kind.

Surprised!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Symetra full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was not sure of what to expect when I joined.
    I feel empowered to make changes. My management listens to me and lets me run with my ideas.
    Location is great - lunch time options are plenty.

Cons

There are people from old school, resistant to change. Office views are great but indoor space feels a little dated. Could invest in some new carpets.

Continue to support and recognize employees and their good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Symetra