Symmetricom
www.symmetricom.com San Jose, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Overall, a great place to work.

Engineer (Former Employee)
Beverly, MA

ProsGood management team, good salary and benefits, good corporate perks (like outings, awards, celebrations). Interesting hi-tech products that almost always are in demand.

ConsQuite a bit of restructuring has caused the shut down of some areas resulting in layoffs. The business decisions causing layoffs displaced a lot of excellent, qualified people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to hire people that may need to be let go while they are still learning the ropes.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at Symmetricom

Pros: Small size company. Management was eager to get to know the interns and also eager to help… Cons: Not a lot of cons, honestly. I was surprised by the small staff of writers. My manager was… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible place to work.

Director of Marketing (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Symmetricom

Pros: Higher than average base salaries. Decent bonuses. Cons: Extremely political environment. Complete lack of trust between functional groups. Incompetent senior management, even more so after the CEO… Advice to Senior Management: End this culture of incessant meetings- get out on the road and visit… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Symmetricom.

Worked for Symmetricom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Symmetricom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Symmetricom CEO David G. (Dave) Côté. All reviews posted anonymously by Symmetricom employees.