There are newer employer reviews for Symmetricom

Overall, a great place to work.

Former Employee - Engineer in Beverly, MA
Former Employee - Engineer in Beverly, MA

I worked at Symmetricom full-time

Pros

Good management team, good salary and benefits, good corporate perks (like outings, awards, celebrations). Interesting hi-tech products that almost always are in demand.

Cons

Quite a bit of restructuring has caused the shut down of some areas resulting in layoffs. The business decisions causing layoffs displaced a lot of excellent, qualified people.

Try not to hire people that may need to be let go while they are still learning the ropes.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Symmetricom (View Most Recent)

Great experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Symmetricom

Pros

Small size company. Management was eager to get to know the interns and also eager to help in any way. Great comparative pay and other benefits. They are certainly developing a competitive internship program.

Cons

Not a lot of cons, honestly. I was surprised by the small staff of writers. My manager was very busy during my time, so the only thing I would have preferred was more 1:1 time with him.

Terrible place to work.

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Symmetricom

Pros

Higher than average base salaries. Decent bonuses.

Cons

Extremely political environment. Complete lack of trust between functional groups. Incompetent senior management, even more so after the CEO was replaced. The sync and timing business is a niche, esoteric specialty business that the new regime fails to understand.

End this culture of incessant meetings- get out on the road and visit customers! Get a first hand understanding of the business you are chartered with running!

There are newer employer reviews for Symmetricom