There are newer employer reviews for Symplicity Corporation

Its an okay place to work at

I have been working at Symplicity Corporation

Pros

Not enough opportunities for growth

Cons

Work at Symplicity Corp is redundant.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Symplicity Corporation (View Most Recent)

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Symplicity Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Somewhat flexible hours
    - Awesome management who genuinely wants you to be successful
    - Actually felt like a part of the company and not just another cog in the machine
    - Able to work from home
    - Able to work remotely after a year or two of employment
    - Great location, just a 5 minute walk to get to DC, metro accessible
    - They are trying really hard to make it a great fun place to work
    - Literally no one on the sales team is your typical "salesy scumbag", everyone is super wonderful
    - Free snacks in the kitchen

Cons

I only left the company because I was moving, and I personally don't have a deep passion for software sales, but Symplicity makes working so enjoyable that I didn't mind that I wasn't exactly working in my dream career field.

Just got a new CEO in May, but haven't had any negative interactions with him. In fact, received a raise after the new CEO started, so he gets two thumbs up from me. Sales Manager is also super knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. My only advice would be to have more company events, but I think they're working on that, so truly no complaints!

There's no connection with your manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Symplicity Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff overall, all hardworking and genuinely nice people. Teammates couldn't have been nicer and enjoyable to work with. Interesting projects and technologies in use. The company is doing a great thing for higher education.

Cons

Management really is disconnected from what's going on with the teammembers. A year after I started he asked if I knew how to do MSEs because he was not clued in to what we were doing. Now laid me off saying I wasn't checking in with him enough. Everyone else is reeling because I was really helpful with my teammates and everyone else at symp. I responded to tickets efficiently and correctly. I loved doing that and seeing the impact I had on people in the company. Management didn't see that and laid me off based on their own concerns rather than based on actual contributions. I even mentioned this and my boss said that we could focus on the positives all day but things still couldn't go on. Huh? He was completely inflexible and left many people high and dry by laying me off due to his own agenda. It is extremely disappointing to me and everyone else. As if that isn't enough, HR gives laid off people a double wammy by telling coworkers they can't give personal recommendations. Not sure this is legal! Symplicity really let me down and I definitely don't feel like I was "a part of the family" so to speak.

Management really needs to be connected with their own team rather than being in their own world. Try seeing what your teammates are working on, contributing to and doing beyond the high level task lists. Everyone in the team gets emails about the tickets we work on, so this really isn't that hard to do if you try. There's too much of a communication silo between the team and management.

There are newer employer reviews for Symplicity Corporation

Worked for Symplicity Corporation? Contribute to the Community!