Synapse Design

www.synapse-da.com
There are newer employer reviews for Synapse Design

adfa

I have been working at Synapse Design

Pros

its very good company to work with if you want to work on different clients and need to manage different projects

Cons

your experience will grow horizontally rather than vertically which is good for some cases. but if somebody wants to have a experience over one project its difficult

fads

48 Other Employee Reviews for Synapse Design (View Most Recent)

Very bad experience

Former Employee - Staff Verification Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Verification Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Synapse Design as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I can not really think of many pros, except that the lady at the front desk was nice. Also, it was close to where I live, which was nice for me, but not for employees who live in other places.

Cons

I have never been under so much pressure at a company from the first day which I worked there. They sent me to the customer in Texas on my third day there. On the night before going to that customer the first time, I was yelled at just for wanting to go back to the airport to pick up our supervisor as he had told us to do. We never knew when we would have to put our lives on hold to go back to Texas; they would only give us a few days advance notice if though there was no immediate need for us to go there. Instructions for us were often vague, and sometimes contradictory, but afterwards they were very upset that what they got was not exactly what they wanted. I had to revise one Verilog model about half a dozen times. After only about two months, they let me go without being specific as to the reason.

The management solution at Synapse was usually to schedule more meetings. This resulted in more irritation, interruptions, and lost productivity. One or two meetings a week are necessary, but four or five a week is excessive.

good company

Current Employee - Senior Physical Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Physical Design Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Synapse Design full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is growing very rapidly and there are many jobs that you can join. Also you will learn many design flow along with customer.

Cons

Sometimes, you might have odd interview by customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Synapse Design