There are newer employer reviews for Synapse Product Development

Best place I have ever worked!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Synapse Product Development

Pros

Synapse=fun, great team, respectful, open culture, teamwork, creative, wacky, work/life balance, elite design team, great work, and as Synapsters say "people crush it here". Honestly best company ever!

Culture is a huge priority here and tons of time and energy is spent ensuring the awesome culture is preserved. We even have a person dedicated to creating fun events, games, ensuring we have enough razor scooters and laser tag guns here. We sit down as a company every Wed for lunch to share projects, new hires, rants and raves. We also have beer:30 every other Friday to relax and hang out, shoot pool, climb the wall, and an occasional jam session ensues.

Cons

Not a con but people must be comfortable working in an open office environment--no cubicle-land here.

reviews filtered by

Wacky, exciting, fun, chaotic place to work!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Synapse Product Development

Pros

Synapse provides opportunities to build very cool products using some very exciting technologies and tools in such areas as medical devices, consumer electronics and laboratory automation. The people are whip smart, social, fun-loving and, for the most part, willing to help each other. Politics is at a minimum and senior leadership is willing to share information to a large degree.

Cons

The place is chaotic with little, or no, development processes defined or followed. schedules are short and project success depends, to a large degree, on personal heroics of team members. Lack of process leads to different projects reinventing the same wheel. Effort is often misdirected or wasted. There is no defined process to institutionalize corporate knowledge.

Senior management needs to be more business savvy both is getting projects and managing them. Better accounting and financial oversight will help too.

2. Great company with a great culture and even better employees

I have been working at Synapse Product Development (more than a year)

Pros

Bright people who enjoy solving difficult problems. Lots of different projects going on. Company makes a strong effort to maintain a work life balance.

Cons

Culture can be emphazied too much. Some projects are going in different directions from the rest of the company and will be interesting to see how true to the core teams they remain.

There are newer employer reviews for Synapse Product Development