There are newer employer reviews for Synapse Product Development

This is what I thought being an engineer was supposed to be!

I have been working at Synapse Product Development

Pros

Synapse is very transparent at all levels and has a small company feel where you are aware of what is going on and can jump in to help where ever your skills are useful. There are no silos or restrictions on what you can do or how you can help. You are always able to learn new skills and new technologies.

Cons

The place can be a little unstructured at times and unless you are able to take the initiative and be inventive, sometimes it is difficult to get direction or decisions from others. This place really expects you to be proactive and autonomous in nature. Many changes are occuring and so things can be a bit hectic as well, but they are moving in the right direction and trying to carefully guard what makes the company successful and a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Be sure not to change too many things all at once as it is easy to lose track of the impact each has.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best place I have ever worked!

I have been working at Synapse Product Development

Pros

Synapse=fun, great team, respectful, open culture, teamwork, creative, wacky, work/life balance, elite design team, great work, and as Synapsters say "people crush it here". Honestly best company ever!

Culture is a huge priority here and tons of time and energy is spent ensuring the awesome culture is preserved. We even have a person dedicated to creating fun events, games, ensuring we have enough razor scooters and laser tag guns here. We sit down as a company every Wed for lunch to share projects, new hires, rants and raves. We also have beer:30 every other Friday to relax and hang out, shoot pool, climb the wall, and an occasional jam session ensues.

Cons

Not a con but people must be comfortable working in an open office environment--no cubicle-land here.

Wacky, exciting, fun, chaotic place to work!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Synapse Product Development

Pros

Synapse provides opportunities to build very cool products using some very exciting technologies and tools in such areas as medical devices, consumer electronics and laboratory automation. The people are whip smart, social, fun-loving and, for the most part, willing to help each other. Politics is at a minimum and senior leadership is willing to share information to a large degree.

Cons

The place is chaotic with little, or no, development processes defined or followed. schedules are short and project success depends, to a large degree, on personal heroics of team members. Lack of process leads to different projects reinventing the same wheel. Effort is often misdirected or wasted. There is no defined process to institutionalize corporate knowledge.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to be more business savvy both is getting projects and managing them. Better accounting and financial oversight will help too.