There are newer employer reviews for Synapse Product Development

One truly amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Synapse Product Development

Pros

- Range of task opportunities and problems to solve
- Cutting-edge technologies
- Fun, playful, social atmosphere
- Creative, flexible space
- High degree of trust and support
- Integrated, multi-disciplinary environment
- Location in downtown Seattle (and in SF and Hong Kong)
- Excellent IT support
- Very accessible management
- Support for continued education and broadening of skills
- Smart, smart people

Cons

- May be difficult for people who are not well self-managed
- Open environment may be challenging for those who are easily distracted
- Multiple simultaneous projects using varying technologies and support structures can make information sharing (as in lessons-learned) complex at times
- The business is in frequent evolution, and systems are occasionally in flux

reviews filtered by

This is what I thought being an engineer was supposed to be!

I have been working at Synapse Product Development

Pros

Synapse is very transparent at all levels and has a small company feel where you are aware of what is going on and can jump in to help where ever your skills are useful. There are no silos or restrictions on what you can do or how you can help. You are always able to learn new skills and new technologies.

Cons

The place can be a little unstructured at times and unless you are able to take the initiative and be inventive, sometimes it is difficult to get direction or decisions from others. This place really expects you to be proactive and autonomous in nature. Many changes are occuring and so things can be a bit hectic as well, but they are moving in the right direction and trying to carefully guard what makes the company successful and a great place to work.

Be sure not to change too many things all at once as it is easy to lose track of the impact each has.

Best place I have ever worked!

I have been working at Synapse Product Development

Pros

Synapse=fun, great team, respectful, open culture, teamwork, creative, wacky, work/life balance, elite design team, great work, and as Synapsters say "people crush it here". Honestly best company ever!

Culture is a huge priority here and tons of time and energy is spent ensuring the awesome culture is preserved. We even have a person dedicated to creating fun events, games, ensuring we have enough razor scooters and laser tag guns here. We sit down as a company every Wed for lunch to share projects, new hires, rants and raves. We also have beer:30 every other Friday to relax and hang out, shoot pool, climb the wall, and an occasional jam session ensues.

Cons

Not a con but people must be comfortable working in an open office environment--no cubicle-land here.

There are newer employer reviews for Synapse Product Development