Synaptics
www.synaptics.com Santa Clara, CA 500 to 999 Employees

It is OK to work there

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexible work schedule. Good corporate culture. There are many activities like: soccer, hiking, biking, ping pong, yoga classes and so on... (you only need a time for that)

ConsThere some problems with managing and planing. Company doesn't hire enough engineers. Current employees are overloaded and sometime they need to work during weekends to meet deadlines. There is not real compensation when you work on weekends.
Overall compensation is average. Expectations for employees are high.
Company is investing heavily into offshore design centers to cut cost and people into US... but everyone is doing this.

The coldest,. most impersonal, dysfunctional environment i have EVER worked in.

Company IS Too Small to Offer This ! (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Synaptics as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: No micro-management, good wages.... free drinks in fridges on… Cons: The coldest,. most impersonal, dysfunctional environment i have EVER worked in. The first 2 months I was there, NOBODY EVER SPOKE TO ME. I… Advice to Senior Management: The company is growing... start managing it like a LARGER company, not the small, family-type company it used to be. Quit condoning the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Use to be a good company

Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Synaptics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good Benefit, Friendly Work Enironment, Lots of fun activities. Great technology and room to… Cons: very dynamic company and orgranizational changes are too frequent lately (almost every 6-months). You are uncertain of who will be your next boss or which… Advice to Senior Management: I hope there was a chance to give performance review of your direct boss. Managers need to be trained on how to manage… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Synaptics.

Worked for Synaptics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synaptics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Synaptics CEO Rick Bergman. All reviews posted anonymously by Synaptics employees.