There are newer employer reviews for Synarc

Nice People, Interesting Work, No Resources

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Synarc

Pros

I really liked the people I worked with, and I really liked the content of the work I was allowed to do. Fascinating business model.

Cons

Lack of resources. Big separation between management and where the work was performed. Lack of career growth. Questionable management competence.

Get better funding and more experienced management. The company is chronically under resourced, particularly in sales. The senior leadership is inexperienced at running and growing a profitable enterprise.

reviews filtered by

Good place to get your foot in the door.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Synarc

Pros

Good place for finding biotech work right out of college. The company offers very flexible hours to accommodate any schedule.

Cons

The pay is probably the worst aspect of this job. Raises are pretty much non-existent. The only possible way to gain a promotion is to wait for someone to quit, get laid off, or fired and then it is a rush between all employees to get that position.

There is minimal training!

Train the employees more. This would be very beneficial to the company and to all employees. Don't focus on one study for months at a time only to let the others falter and t hen wonder why you have to play catch-up every other month.

Management Direction Needed.

Former Employee - Advisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Synarc

Pros

Opporunity to gain exposure to biotech operations out of college.

Cons

Lack of strategic direction by new Senior Management team. Too much emphasis on cost-cutting measures for talented employees, including the individuals in Engineering/Science who are the value drivers in the Company. Bonuses are never paid. Attrition is high. Extremely immature Company that takes two steps forward with good people, and three steps back with inept management decisions.

Develop a strategic vision for the Company and send a clear message to the employee base.

There are newer employer reviews for Synarc