Synechron

www.synechron.com
  www.synechron.com
There are newer employer reviews for Synechron

Good for freshers, give above average salary

Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in Pune (India)

I have been working at Synechron full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, Company transport, Very safe for female employees.

Cons

* No work life balance
* often need to change core technology to get project

Proper post hierarchy will improve performance. Need to give more value addition to employee. Improve food quality.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Synechron (View Most Recent)

Worst company ever

Current Employee - Associate - Software in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Associate - Software in Pune (India)

I have been working at Synechron full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no good things, only bad things about this company. They hire and fire any time so how can it be good at all?

Cons

No job security - Any friday can be your last day for no reason at all.
    Very bad leave policy.
    Very bad Managers and Directors.
    Very bad HR.
    Very bad project work.
    Very bad work life balance.
    Very bad appraisals.

You will soon end up shutting down this company if you don't change your attitude and outlook.

Even if you have what it takes, stay away, don't catch the yellow fever

I worked at Synechron full-time

Pros

I’m an ex-employee of Synechron who left with a lot of pain and anguish, sorry about the way things turned out for me. So when I came across the reviews posted by other employees on this forum, it gave me some relief that I wasn’t the only one who had a horrendous experience with this organization. My review probably will look like an amalgamation of all the other reviews here but all the flaws in Synechron mentioned repetitively are painfully true. I hope my review helps prevent many other aspiring future applicants from repeating the same folly that many others and I committed.

Cons

Let’s start with the bench a.k.a COE, the zoo at Synechron. Now COE is a misnomer, apparently even the HR finds it difficult and laughable during the induction program to explain why ‘the bench’ is called a ‘Center of Excellence’. If you question them why it is called the COE, pat comes the reply – “I’m not the right person to answer this question.” (This answer is going to be repeated several times during this review.) Nothing phenomenal happens in the COE and there is not the slightest chance that anything can happen out there. It is a just a pool of resources to help the resourcing team earn their pay. You might have 5 years of experience on Java and there is a good possibility that you could be sent for a .net requirement or even worse be considered for a 10 years experience requirement. Now the resourcing team doesn’t take ‘NO’ for an answer and failure in interviews can be fatal.
    So if you don’t make it in the interviews, you go back to the zoo up for display. It can also be considered a ‘Kalapani’ experience. (The ‘Kalapani’ jail was where some of our freedom fighters were imprisoned.) You the reader I am sure is intelligent enough to understand why I’m trying to draw a parallel between the Indian freedom struggle and the people on the Synechron bench.

“You are entitled to 15 days of paid leave, 10 days of hospitalization leaves and 8 optional public holidays!” the HR excitedly announces during the induction.
    “BUT (and that’s a big but), you cannot club your public holidays with your earned leaves all the time”, she adds. “Why can’t I do that?” you ask and pat comes the rehearsed reply - “I’m not the right person to answer this question.” The ‘right’ person is never available for clarification; he is always busy formulating dumb witted policies. Actually it’s a pretty intelligent policy now that I think of it - you provide about 5 days less leave than is the norm in most companies. You make the public holidays discretionary which means your manager can simply ‘shoo away’ your public holiday requests. And you sell the 10 days hospitalization leave as an attractive benefit. How many of us get hospitalized every now and then? The few who do are negligible in comparison to the majority who don’t. Not to mention the paternity leaves are also restricted to 3 days. Oh yes, one more important point - health insurance is not free! So now you see how the company can pay more than its peers? Less leaves means more productivity, which translates to big money for the company. Now that’s the kind of craftiness you learn at some of India’s finest MBA institutions I guess!

Some philosophy -
    ‘Freedom’ - absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government. (Meaning from a well-known dictionary).
    On one hand, humans have a strong sense of freedom, which leads us to believe that we have free will. On the other hand, an intuitive feeling of free will could be mistaken. That is precisely the mistake that most individuals working for this organization make. Destiny or fate is a predetermined course of events. Fate generally implies there is a set course, which cannot be deviated from, and for which one has no control over.

Your fate at Synechron is kind of predetermined. You are not free to choose the work of your liking, you are not free to have a say in any matter and you are not free to bring about a change. You go against the system and the system revolts against you in a violent and turbulent fashion. It’s like the Matrix. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. Just don’t try and start a revolution.
    There are too many directors in that company, their role is like that of the Agents from the Matrix. You revolt and they will destroy you! Similar to the agents from the matrix that had uniform attire, most of these mean guys sport French beards. So it’s easy to spot a director around and what do you do when you run into them? You lay low, act subservient.

Managers are like nobles in this Victorian style company. They are not governed by rules and they act and do things the way that pleases them. Most projects are executed in a chaotic and errant fashion and the managers get the work done from their slaves with a heavy hand. Late nights, working weekends and ignored public holidays become the norm once you get “involved” in a project. Your earned leaves start accumulating like money in a bank except that it won’t earn any interest later. (The leave policy does not allow one to cash in on the balance leaves while leaving the company either due to resignation or termination.) You toil day and night sacrificing the smaller joys of life for the promise of big monetary gains. The big day arrives, your manager hands you the appraisal letter only to leave you red faced when you open it. “Why am I being offered peanuts even after working my LIFE off?” you ask. The clichéd answer should not come as a surprise, “I’m not the right person to answer this question.” The right person well on the other hand is having a good time buying expensive sports cars and other goodies, being rewarded handsomely for your hard work! I don’t see anything wrong in it, they SHOULD be rewarded. After all, it was they who could get things done! In a game of chess, the pawns are always expendable. ☺

I hope my review will be of some help to a lot of aspiring engineers who want to work for this Matrix like organization. While I have no intention of being all ‘Morpheus’ on you, I have still offered you a choice. You either go for the red pill or the blue pill, the choice is yours. And as Morpheus said and I quote, "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." Well, I just tried to show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes through my review. The choice ultimately is yours to make!

Putting up fancy billboard advertisements isn't going to help your cause. The days of threatening and rebuking politics is over! People are not going to get scared of you. They will simply leave if you do that.
    Having regular skip level meetings with your employees in the guise of addressing their concerns is going to be fruitless if you are just going to ignore them. People in Pune at least now know what kind of a company Synechron is, so you are not going to be able to get good people in Pune. That explains why you are setting up offices in Bangalore and Hyderabad! All the best!

There are newer employer reviews for Synechron