OK experience contracting with Synectics

Current Employee - Legal Assistant Contractor in Oak Brook, IL
Current Employee - Legal Assistant Contractor in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Synectics

Pros

I am a contractor and I think Synectics offers fair pay for the jobs and has been competent in answering my questions.

Cons

Contract work means no benefits.. Synectics actually does offer health insurance but last I checked it was around $350.00 a month!

Advice to Management

Please contact contractors more often just to make sure everything is going well on the job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good People, Poorly Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

I worked at Synectics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Friendly working atmosphere - Dedicated staff - Very strong market and customer knowledge

Cons

- Weak leadership - unable to drive change - Immature development practices; chaotic, adhoc, individual heroics, unpredictable software. Software is typically unreliable, re-introducing previously resolved issues, uncontrolled feature introduction, driven from development rather than Product Management. Features are typically what the organisation feels the customer wants rather than asking what is needed - Lack of strategic direction, poor communication and lacking in organisational capability. The heroic nature of the majority of projects (both in development and delivery) has created a reliance on "key" people (the "heroes") for strategy and direction. However these staff lack knowledge and experience in areas where the business needs to improve; hence a continuous cycle of emergencies and disaster and an inability to analyse and learn from previous mistakes, or take on-board new ideas or thinking.

Advice to Management

- Focus and streamline the technical management team - Set clear objectives

OK if you know a company that wants to use you as a contractor through Synectics, Inc

I have been working at Synectics

Pros

Benefits are ok. No issues with hours submitted.

Cons

No communication with management. No reviews given in 2.5 years working. The only reason how I know how I doing is that I worked for my manager at another company. Synectics does not seem to help you find another position once your assignment is over. I asked about a raise in pay and my inquiry was never answered. No personal contact with company once I was hired. No vacation time for consultants.

Advice to Management

Create a personal relationship with your contractors. It could be beneficial to your bottom line.