Synergy Enterprises, Inc.

www.seiservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Synergy Enterprises, Inc.

Need to invest in training & infrastructure

I have been working at Synergy Enterprises, Inc. full-time

Pros

- Generally there's a respect for work/life balance
- Casual atmosphere
- Flextime available
- Hiring is good; non-performers are let go instead of clogging up the works

Cons

- No tuition reimbursement or paid training
- No guidance on skills needed to advance to next level
- Upper management isolated from employees (co-worker calls their area "Mount Olympus")
- Management in general not interested in the input or needs of lower level employees
- High-volume document production must be done in-house, but printers are old & break down frequently
- Benefits are anemic in general: health plan is expensive but network is poor; sick leave & vaca (combined) aren't great, plus we have to use it for snow days & office closures
- We can't accrue comp time, but have to use or lose by the end of a pay period (mostly because the accounting dept doesn't want to be bothered with it)
- And yes, favoritism galore!

Ask us what we need to do our jobs well, instead of ignoring or talking down to us.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Synergy Enterprises, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Quality versus process

Former Employee - Writer in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Writer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Synergy Enterprises, Inc. part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Upper management is experienced and mission-oriented. There are a lot of good things to say about the founder.

Cons

While the management intent is good, many staff members seem to be in it for themselves, and not so much for the good of the company.

Try to improve communications to the non-management staffers, vet the department heads better, and increase the opportunities for advancement and training.

Inadequate oversight of project managers

I worked at Synergy Enterprises, Inc. full-time

Pros

Some of the projects are very interesting. Some project managers provide good mentorship, are flexible, and knowledgeable.

Cons

Some managers treat their staff as competition. They are insulting and unsupportive. Staff do not always get necessary resources to do their work, and are blamed for the consequences. Some managers demand that staff be on call almost 24/7. More than one staff member with a great work history quit after being yelled at or insulted by a supervisor. Senior management never did anything about it. Staff who complain are advised to tolerate poor treatment until the owner decides to promote them.

The owner should define limits of management power. She should provide training for managers in effective, positive leadership. She says she values staff, but does not set a standard that management has to treat staff respectfully.

There are newer employer reviews for Synergy Enterprises, Inc.