Great starting point.

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in East Amherst, NY
Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in East Amherst, NY

I worked at Synergy Global Solutions

Pros

Pay is somewhat below standard for the industry.

Cons

Great atmosphere and great, knowledgeable people to work with.

Advice to Management

Promote and recognize your current employees. Good people leave because of the lack of pay.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I feel like I am part of a family...a growing one.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I have been working at Synergy Global Solutions

Pros

Terrific welcome and orientation. Promise of career growth through training and certification reimbursement. There are many different departments - it is not just an IT Solution Center, it also has departments for field service delivery, engineering, telephony (Cisco), break/fix, datacenters and hardware and software sales. The company has been in business for 40 years as of January 2011 it seems like a stable place to work.

Cons

It is growing quickly - and many people are asked to chip in to work on projects that are not always their core competency. It is a busy work place environment!

Advice to Management

Hire more people - and continue developing the training programs.

2. Good opportunities, lots of work

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in East Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in East Amherst, NY

I have been working at Synergy Global Solutions

Pros

It's a growing company, and the right person can easily find themselves a niche to grow in. If you can find one of the company's needs and fill it, and perform well at it you can get pretty far.

Cons

It's a growing company that seems to be consistently understaffed. The new management team seems to be working on this, but even they felt overwhelmed within weeks of starting. There are a lot of new customers through agreements we have with other companies, but often these new customers don't fit within our traditional models and take that much more effort to support.

There is also a tendency to slack on getting tools in place to improve our efficiency. Not because of a lack of desire to implement them, but because the people who do so are buried under special customer requests and the sheer amount of work that needs to be done.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and increase compensation. Work to lower priority of customer requests so that tools can be improved and overall efficiency increased.