There are newer employer reviews for Syngenta

Good Company

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Syngenta

Pros

Good Employee Benefits
Decent Pay
Good Perks
Good Communication between employees
Safe

Cons

Some resistance to move up in the company

none

59 Other Employee Reviews for Syngenta (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place

I have been working at Syngenta

Pros

Passion of Syngenta is 'feeding the world" In general people all belive in the importance and impact of their work. There are parts of the organization very dedicated to pursuit of science advancement. Syngenta won a best place to work in science nod in Science magazine this year.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement and very little emphasis on employee development. There is a belief that people believe so much in the 'cause' that there is no need to fully engage all employees that do not want purely technical advancement.

Recognize the demographics of the company and place more emphasis on retention and career growth of the current employees. Ask the hard questions and enter the debates with various business units to gain awareness.

Great people, pretty good benefits, non-competitive salary.

Current Employee - Assistant Scientist I
    Current Employee - Assistant Scientist I

I have been working at Syngenta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone in the science field I've worked with have been easy to work with and get along well. Benefits such as health insurance, 401k and stock purchase matching (up to a certain percent), seem pretty good.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive, especially at lower levels, and raises are pretty much non-existent. There's also no work-life balance, to speak of. You're not really expected to have a life outside of work and the company.

If you want to keep your scientists around longer, pay better. Turnover and training really hamper efficiency and growth of sectors.

There are newer employer reviews for Syngenta

Worked for Syngenta? Contribute to the Community!