Syniverse

www.syniverse.com

Good if you just need steady paycheck and health benefits. Bad if you want to get anywhere.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe company is doing extremely well. Even during the economic crisis, revenues only dipped a bit, and they're already going up again. The company seems to have a stellar reputation within the telecom community, reflected by 99% contract renewal rate. They introduce new products and purchase competitors regularly, which both mean bigs for the bottom line. I'd say it's a VERY sturdy ship.

ConsHowever, being inside the sturdy ship, there is only severe wage stagnation for software professionals. Management is always looking at outsourcing for cost advantage, but it keeps biting us in the butt, because we end up with inexperienced newbies around the world doing substandard work. Wage increases are routinely BELOW inflation, bonuses are typically disappointing, and sometimes absent altogether (2010). We are told to be content with it, because of "this economy", "you are lucky to have jobs at all", and my personal favorite: "There are exits on every floor (meaning if you don't like it, leave)".

Syniverse only hires software people through the bodyshops, and it's clear that it is just for labor arbitrage purposes.

Oh, almost forgot: no sick days as of '09... Every day off counts against "paid time off". And no, the on-site clinic does NOT compensate for that. Sorry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't trumpet the financial well-being of the company from the mountaintops, then tell us to be happy with < 2.0% merit raises in the very same presentation. You wouldn't put up with that, would you?

Not in tune with Bay area

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Syniverse

Pros: - Stable company with stable product lines - Messaging is here… Cons: The company acquired a Messaging division in CA. Company is headquartered in Tampa, FL. The treatment meted out to CA employees is lukewarm at best.… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize that the industry is moving forward, and at a faster rate. Cash cows are good, but innovation is what brings the bread home tomorrow.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Syniverse? Welcome to Just Another Uncaring Corporation.

Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

I have been working at Syniverse

Pros: Lots of technical challenges. Syniverse deals with so many complex, leading… Cons: New management thinks anyone who was with the company before they came on board is incompetent. Obviously, if all of us who built the… Advice to Senior Management: Get over yourselves. Learn to ACTUALLY value your employees rather than provide lip service. Keep a balance between work and home,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Syniverse.

Worked for Syniverse? Contribute to the Community!