There are newer employer reviews for Synnefo Technology Solutions

Do NOT work here

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Synnefo Technology Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Pay is above average
- Wide exposure to virtualization projects (assuming you are skilled in all areas)

Cons

- You are only a dollar amount to them, they do not care about your personal growth
- No training unless you consider a .pdf and a link to video files = training
- Your request of travel/local work/residency projects are ok'd initially then once you start they don't give you the option
- No internal communications within workers
- Mgmt never returns emails/calls
- Bonus requires almost never taking any time off per quarter
- Partners do not get the 'good' contracts usually
- Upper Mgmt Extremely unorganized
- No company structure - You don't know who you are working for (internally) on a per project basis
- Lots of 'bait and switch' tactics with customers - "Just get the job via interview then we can switch you out after a few weeks' is common
- Consultants are assigned as PM's who have never done PM's job, but are sold as PM's....

- Provide REAL training, not a pdf file and a link to videos
- Be honest with customers/employees about project requirements

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work to gain exposure to cutting edge technologies

Pros

Synnefo is owned by a much larger Systems Integrator, this provides exposure to some really cool training, access to manufacturers, and access to trade shows. The consulting work here is challenging and fun. I like to learn new products and systems, and increase my knowledge on the products I have already worked with. I get to do that here.

Cons

As a team we are often spread out. Team building is done mostly virtual. We do have an internal conference once a year, and a team meeting once a year.

Understand that being a consultant is challenging, and we have to be on our A Game.

don't even bother

Pros

close parnership with VMware and Forsythe.
    Lots of short span projects.
    Being a Forsythe employee has its perks.

Cons

they work as an outsourcing agency, you're just a number for the upper management.
    There's no work and life balance. If you travel they expect you to be at the customer site between 8 and 9 am on monday morning and leaving on friday afternoon.
    more than 40 hours of work a week are the norm.
    Training is just an unfulfilled promise.

There are newer employer reviews for Synnefo Technology Solutions