There are newer employer reviews for Synopsys

Great company!

Current Employee - Engineer Senior II in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Engineer Senior II in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Synopsys

Pros

Management team very dynamic, ready to help

Cons

The gym infrastructure could improve significantly.

Add a swimming pool.

488 Other Employee Reviews for Synopsys (View Most Recent)

R&D Software Engineer

I have been working at Synopsys

Pros

Senior management takes a very good long-term view of the company and the industry. They take good responsibility for maintaining the computer infrastructure and the office facilities. Although much of the headcount growth is off-shore, they do not do widespread transfers of jobs from the US to off-shore (as their competitor Cadence was doing around 2004-2009). The company is well-positioned as the biggest EDA company. Employee turnover is much lower than many other Silicon Valley companies.

Cons

Most of the employees are mid-career or senior career. There's not a lot of employees in their 20's.

You're doing a great job: long-term steady planning and growth.

Synopsys is a good place and I'm proud to work here

I have been working at Synopsys

Pros

Stable
    Work can be interesting and challenging
    Very capable and competent peer group-employees and managers are very high quality folks!
    Work environment is pretty good. (Not spectacular - we could use a little more "fun" factor)
    The bonuses pay pretty well consistently
    The company works hard not to manage budgets with constant and deep headcount cuts
    Very customer oriented and driven!

Cons

Too conservative about some things; not a risk-taking company; too much of "this is how we've always done it" or " we've already tried that (10 years ago) and it didn't work"
    Take too long to make decisions
    Lack of growth in the sector is affecting career mobility of younger workers - and there is a lot of very long time employees who are unlikely to leave and try something new

Employees want to hear from Aart and Chi-Foon about the plan to address Global Employee Survey feedback on Rewards and Recognition. Ultimately chosing not to give pay increases while still holding margins and significant cash has many folks feeling a little betrayed after ongoing hard work in very competitive industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Synopsys