Was a great place to work, not so much anymore

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Synovus

Pros

local decision making, management has not placed blame for the lousy credit performance, layoffs have been held to a minimum, profit sharing has historically been good

Cons

good old boy bank both for promotions and for customer relations, operating model has proven to be defective, company has continued to dilute shareholders with additional capital due to losses.

more consistency throughout the footprint, put management in place for their ability not based on who they know or are related to.

Other Reviews for Synovus

Regional BSA/AML Compliance Manager

Current Employee - Regional BSA/AML Compliance Manager
    Current Employee - Regional BSA/AML Compliance Manager

I have been working at Synovus

Pros

Business plan is unique. One holding company with many decentralized banks with their own name. I love the small bank atmosphere.

Cons

Communication from headquarters is lacking. Micromanaging is common. I would like to see a little more automony with each individual bank.

I believe Executive Management and the Board of Directors are doing the best job they can in today's economic climate.

The best super regional bank for employees and customers

Current Employee - Commercial Banker  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Commercial Banker in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Synovus

Pros

Great benefits, thorough and clear communication from senior management, empowers employees to make the right decisions for both clients and the bank.

Cons

The decentralization between the banks owned by Synovus can create inefficienies and different "play books" which can lead to mismatched communication to certain clients. However, this should be resolved with the current Project Optimus initiatives.

Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Synovus.

Worked for Synovus? Contribute to the Community!