Syntel

www.syntelinc.com
  www.syntelinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

New lows in a lack of professionalism

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

Syntel's sole purpose is to outsource contract IT employees. They gave a good opportunity to work on contract with American Express. Enjoyed the Amex team and all tasks I was assigned to. Reasonable salary, although not really competitive.

Cons

One of the worst HR departments I've ever seen, if not the worst. Horribly incompetent with a lack of any real communication. They failed to deliver first paycheck until 38 days out, and did not handle relocation reimbursement with any measure of promptness. Promised bonuses are not delivered according to schedule. It appears company is slow to payout on all deliverables, as at one point when I was at their office, a utility company was sent to demand payment or shut off electric service that day.

When my project was cut, I was put on the bench and given several weeks of pay while Syntel supposedly looked for a new project. They then let me go without any measure of professionalism or tact, despite the fact that my former contributions to their projects was always exemplary and ahead of schedule.

I feel fortunate that I took the opportunity to look for a new job instead of waiting for them to figure out which end is up. Shortly after they cut my contract and I was grateful I had already started interviewing for any other position and not to be dealing with this mediocre (at best) company.

I honestly don't know where to begin. I think the leadership at Syntel could use a major influx of new talent and a new perspective.

647 Other Employee Reviews for Syntel (View Most Recent)

Good company

Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

work hard and earn a territory

Cons

expansion territories, on-call, overall good management support

none

Ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

Better compensation when compared to its competitors

Cons

Poor Middle management, bad offshore management

There are newer employer reviews for Syntel