There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

Please do not join if you value your career and life!!

I worked at Syntel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing, they have no idea on what they are doing. They take on multiple projects with no resources at offshore. Offshore is nothing but freshers who have no drive. I have never seen a company with such high attrition rates in US.
Managers have no idea on what is going on. Promotions are based on how much hell you can raise. Most work results in late nights and production delays.
The only good thing that happened was that I could make some really good friends.

Cons

Everything.
Greencard- They do not process Greencards. Even if the HR assures you. Even the top managers have their greencards under processing.
Work-You will be working late nights and early mornings to see all your work go down the drain.
Medical Benefits-It is a total sham. You have a $10,000 out of pocket limit. So if you have any medical problems you end up paying out of your pocket. It is not a 20$ co-pay scheme but a high deductible plan.
Visa Processing-HR is totally useless. No support during Visa processing. They do transfers only on normal processing and charge employees for premium.
Absolutely no transparency.

Eat only what you can bite. The larger IT companies have a different tradition and work culture. Change the game when you play with the big fish.

570 Other Employee Reviews for Syntel (View Most Recent)

Absurd and unethical in work.

I have been working at Syntel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing special. Just another IT services company.

Cons

Lots of politics to get a hike, role change. Favoritism to get promotions at every level. Keep on changing their goal of becoming Billion dollar company extending the date. The most pathetic Internal systems ever I have used as an IT profession having 5+ application to do the work with different login ids. Do work for 24x7 no rewards. If you coming from a big MNC my advise just avoid this company.

Get some professionalism in the company.

Good people terrible middle management and very controlling policies

Current Employee - Engagement Director
    Current Employee - Engagement Director

I have been working at Syntel full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are good to work with, but the company consistently has problems with delivery. This is a good place to work if you enjoy being micromanaged.

Cons

where do you want me to start? The company has so many problems they cannot be articulated in a short paragraph. Central problem is the company has little bench strength, broken internal systems and very slow expense reimbursement.

too broken to fix and a chairman of the board/founder that doesn't care. If you enjoy working for a miser than this is the place for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!