Syntel

www.syntelinc.com

Please do not join if you value your career and life!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing, they have no idea on what they are doing. They take on multiple projects with no resources at offshore. Offshore is nothing but freshers who have no drive. I have never seen a company with such high attrition rates in US.
Managers have no idea on what is going on. Promotions are based on how much hell you can raise. Most work results in late nights and production delays.
The only good thing that happened was that I could make some really good friends.

ConsEverything.
Greencard- They do not process Greencards. Even if the HR assures you. Even the top managers have their greencards under processing.
Work-You will be working late nights and early mornings to see all your work go down the drain.
Medical Benefits-It is a total sham. You have a $10,000 out of pocket limit. So if you have any medical problems you end up paying out of your pocket. It is not a 20$ co-pay scheme but a high deductible plan.
Visa Processing-HR is totally useless. No support during Visa processing. They do transfers only on normal processing and charge employees for premium.
Absolutely no transparency.

Advice to Senior ManagementEat only what you can bite. The larger IT companies have a different tradition and work culture. Change the game when you play with the big fish.

Absurd and unethical in work.

I have been working at Syntel full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nothing special. Just another IT services company. Cons: Lots of politics to get a hike, role change. Favoritism to get promotions at every level. Keep on changing their goal of becoming Billion dollar… Advice to Senior Management: Get some professionalism in the company. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good people terrible middle management and very controlling policies

Engagement Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Syntel full-time for more than a year

Pros: People are good to work with, but the company consistently has problems with… Cons: where do you want me to start? The company has so many problems they cannot be articulated in a… Advice to Senior Management: too broken to fix and a chairman of the board/founder that doesn't care.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Syntel.

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!