Syntel

www.syntelinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

OK

I have been working at Syntel full-time

Pros

Good for beginners to get hands on and learn

Cons

Management of project not good as per industry standard as the rules are not followed

Follow proper project life cycle and resource assignement

618 Other Employee Reviews for Syntel (View Most Recent)

Needs process improvements

I have been working at Syntel full-time

Pros

Provides good opportunity for work life balance.

Cons

Processes need to be developed and streamlined

Need to focus on retaining employees

Be aware H1B holders

Former Employee - Project Lead in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Hartford, CT

I worked at Syntel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will on board you as soon as possible.

Cons

I was having h1b work visa and was working for another MNC in USA. I have submitted my profile in monster.com, and got a call from Syntel recruitment rep.
    Within 2 weeks, I have got offer and finalized everything. Interview was worst & the interviewer is not good technically.

However I have accepted offer and relocated to new location at my own expenses, they said they will do reimbursement late. I have spend around 6000$(which is 3 laks rupee) my own cost and went to their new location.
    I never get it back, they have multiple round of approver & each layer’s ETA is 60days. everybody is delaying,,

After 8 months, it went to payroll deportment for final approval, but it rejected , because I am eligible for upto 5500$ relocation. I told them that, it is ok & just pay 5500$ back.
    But they refused and asked me to go for another request and chain of approval. I got frustrated and resubmit again. Meanwhile my manager was changed and he refused to approve my request.
    I lost all my saving for this stupid relocation & never able to my money back.

Then at 11th month of work, they released me from project and asked me to find another project with help of HR. I am a family man, and I still have 2 more month lease in my apartment, that lease breakage come around 2 month rent($2400). That is also on me again. I have paid that also & not interested to work Syntel any more, then resign Syntel and went back to India on my own cost(another 1800$).

I have lost more than 10000$ from my pocket within a year , because of this stupid relocation and company.

And work –life balance also very bad, they talk in Hindi at meeting and many non Hindi speaking employee never understood it mostly.
    They call you midnight from offshore and ask status , you might be in middle of sleep. They upper management team is worst and never understood employee concern and also they treat you as slave.

So if you’re in H1b visa, please don’t ever think to join Syntel.

Don’t treat employee as slave & be kind with employee. also pay back their relocation amount

There are newer employer reviews for Syntel