There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

Excellent

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Syntel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ample opportunities, get good exposure as it has a decent clients

Cons

Not ample training and slow paced environment

570 Other Employee Reviews for Syntel (View Most Recent)

Good place to work for some time

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Syntel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to work if you get in a right project

Cons

on an average Not enough opportunities

Sales team not up to the mark

Not so good

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Syntel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Enjoyed some of the co-workers that I have worked with.

Cons

Additional layer of bureaucracy, ridiculous amount of email to sift thru and 'busy work' that only serves to detract from the 'real' job you've been hired to do at client company. Terrible benefits. Revolving door of managers. Expectation to write several technical 'white papers' and publish in Syntel technical forum apart from regular work. Isn't that a conflict of interest? Publishing details of client systems, in a Syntel technical public forum?
      If I had known what I know now, I would asked some pointed questions (e.g.: Do you have any existing agreements with the client customer that are not included and disclosed in the terms of my contract?)

Level with your employees, with respect to any 'hidden' agreements that you have with client customer that would prevent them from EVER being hired as a fulltime employee of that company. Apart from lengthy 2 year non-compete, you should disclose that information (the existence of a contract between Syntel and client company, with additional terms). Not only do I feel this is unethical, I think it is likely illegal. You cannot impose a rule that specifies that an employee cannot be hired 'for years' by the client, or basically 'ever' (as was explained to me and my co-workers, when we inquired about the fulltime positions that opened up at Daimler). Encourage anyone who applies to Syntel to ask pointed question. 'Do you have any agreements with the client that would prevent me from working for them directly, apart from what is specified in my contract, at some point in time? May I have this information in writing, please?

There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!