There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

Company for freshers.

Current Employee - Project Lead I  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Project Lead I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

If you are starting your career.
Learn new tool and technologies and get paid.
Hard working ppl in proj delevary side technically shound team.

Cons

Worst management ever.
Last week americna express and syntel relationship manager came to houston location and called us all Monkeys and Donkeys, Also he openely admitted that the hardest working ppl wil be screwed in annual reviews twice or thrice and if you still stick with company then you will get a raise. Well this guy is companys motivational SPEAKER !!! God save'em ,Well that did it and I put my resignation the same day.

Please have managers review by the teams they are maanging -there is brutal abuse of power by intimidation and threats with female employees pls take action .
Please respect all of your employees not just "Managers"
Please dont import that 'JI SAAB' Mentality form India here to west
Manager should manage the Projects/Programs not Boss around showing his power.
Please put qualified ppl in manager level not because they are from india and you are good friend of him.
Dont always ask employees to do everythign for you - give something in return to them .

573 Other Employee Reviews for Syntel (View Most Recent)

Not a people oriented company

Former Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Syntel

Pros

My direct boss was great to work for but he left due to senior management's people philosophies, I am still in touch with him he basically said I can not let you execute the sales strategy, you will fail we have to think differently

Cons

Can not trust senior management, cut throat culture, not organized, their channel partner model was take as many leads but do not give back

Difficult to find information, new hire orientation is minimal, consultants are not treated as people ,more as a commodity. the sales people actually compete against each other.

Takes adavantage of the Indian consultants and delays the process of getting their green cards

Value your people, they are your greatest assets

lots of potential but in need of direction.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

they do not layoff. they will pay bench salary for months if the bench strength is low (this is esp. for US employees). you can aspire to rise to leadership roles. they are improving in magement capabilities and trying to catch up with tier 1 indian outsourcers in corporate management. they sponsor technical and management certifications. they follw CMM process in project execution.

Cons

relocation assistance should be improved. their immigration team need to be revamped to stem the number of visa rejections and other problems. medical insurance for US employees leaves a lot to be desired. salary of deputed employees need to increase.

bharat desai should get more involved in the day to day management. he should vist employees more frequently through townhalls. should recruit from top tier engineering and management colleges. they have missed out on growth opportunities during the 90's by not being aggressive so need to do better now.

There are newer employer reviews for Syntel

Worked for Syntel? Contribute to the Community!