Syntel review

Current Employee - Engagement Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Engagement Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

- Excellent career opportunity - Great learning experience

Cons

- Lot of politics and lack of clear structures and responsibilities in some areas

Advice to Management

- Great focus on increasing the business - can invest more

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Syntel has got it wrong..

Current Employee - Director ERP in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director ERP in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

Works in fits and starts. Suddenly focussed on ERP. Hence it worked for a while.

Cons

Huge attrition. People use it as a breath-catcher in professional life. Senior management non-existent. Vision/Investment - unheard of.

Advice to Management

Invest, invest and invest. Sitting on a pile of cash and still counting its moolah at the cost of people.

2. Company for freshers.

Current Employee - Project Lead I in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Lead I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Syntel

Pros

If you are starting your career. Learn new tool and technologies and get paid. Hard working ppl in proj delevary side technically shound team.

Cons

Worst management ever. Last week americna express and syntel relationship manager came to houston location and called us all Monkeys and Donkeys, Also he openely admitted that the hardest working ppl wil be screwed in annual reviews twice or thrice and if you still stick with company then you will get a raise. Well this guy is companys motivational SPEAKER !!! God save'em ,Well that did it and I put my resignation the same day.

Advice to Management

Please have managers review by the teams they are maanging -there is brutal abuse of power by intimidation and threats with female employees pls take action . Please respect all of your employees not just "Managers" Please dont import that 'JI SAAB' Mentality form India here to west Manager should manage the Projects/Programs not Boss around showing his power. Please put qualified ppl in manager level not because they are from india and you are good friend of him. Dont always ask employees to do everythign for you - give something in return to them .