There are newer employer reviews for Synteract

Great commitment to employees - felt valued.

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist  in  Carlsbad, CA
Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Synteract full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a lower level employee but still felt valued

Cons

The only con I can think of would be that the entry level training was scattered. I learned a lot on my own.

none

8 Other Employee Reviews for Synteract (View Most Recent)

Culture and HR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Synteract full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee relationships, casual attire, company events, location,

Cons

Executives are not working closely with workers, promotions are nonexistent unless you are already a Sr. level employee or manager. Human resources department needs to be completely redefined.

Spend money where it is truly needed. Increase your human resources department so that they can actually handle their work. Human resources was always behind, and blamed other departments for their own shortcomings. This is particularly true for the head of the department as well as recruitment and employee promotions.

Was a great place to work at

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Synteract full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Semi-casual atmosphere for the most part and you will meet some great people there and develop friendships. Level of responsibility can be high, however it does mean a lot of work with quick deadlines.

Cons

The culture/atmosphere of the company has changed over the years. Because of this and other reasons, turnover has risen to pretty rediculous levels over the past year, with many long time employees leaving. I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone, but management has gotten to the point where they only care about themselves. As long as the work gets done and they get their bonuses/raises, it's all that matters and the common response is that we should be happy with what we have...

Career Opportunities:
    Aim high at hire, but good luck moving up. Company is too top heavy and there is no room for advancement. Also, be aware with which department you get hired to. This could be the case for all, or just individual cases. But they will try to keep you at the same level as long as they can to the point where a worker will start looking elsewhere. There is training, at least they state there is. But then the budget just disappears.

Compensation and Benefits:
    I'd put this at average to a little above. It's all based on the position/pay grade and department you work in. If going for Senior Management, you should be set. Be mindful of your rights regarding your position in relation to exempt and non-exempt status.

Work/Life Balance:
    Practically none to be had. Long hours in the office and at home. I've also parts of vacations having to work including maternity leave. Be aware that work load, tight deadlines and raise stress levels which in turn can affect things at home.

Senior Management:
    Mindset seems to be geared towards what makes them look good to get bonuses. I guess this is the standard everywhere? Be mindful that on some teams/departments, the ratio of managers and workers can be a bit off.

Culture/Values:
    Nothing much to say. It has changed over the years. There was a recent merger/acquisition of a company in Europe. So if you're in the US, you need to be mindful of the culture and values for there. Also, the common belief is that the EU side gets more benefits while the US does the work. Different laws and culture I guess. And before you ask, the US did the acquiring.

Start looking out for your employees and listening to them. Usually they are good at what they do. Things shouldn't get to the point that workers are thinking about or actually leaving for you to start trying to take action. Also, there are bad workers. No reason they should be kept around just because they think brown is a good color to have on their noses or they look good. When all the actual workers leave, it's going to get pretty obvious.

There are newer employer reviews for Synteract

Worked for Synteract? Contribute to the Community!