Synthes

www.synthes.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Synthes

Synthes is a horrible place to work if you seek to be promoted or try to imrove things

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I worked at Synthes

Pros

Synthes is fine to work at as an entry-level person or in a terminal position such as admin, IT help desk, etc. The hours are good, benefits fine and facilities are decent. It is also a decent place to work if you have no ambition and like to work under the radar screen.

Cons

Executive management at this place is absolutely the worst. The few people who try to imrove things are either beaten down verbally or pushed out the door. Promotions at the upper levels are reserved for friends of the founder or Board or for "Yes Men" that have no soul. Be careful about coming here as I understand they are very aggressive about non-competes even though they have no problem hiring people from competitors. In this economy you have to take the jobs that are available, but check around with former employees and see if you can find any that have fond memories of the place.

Advice to management is of no value because they do not listen to employees anyway. They seem to feed on making people feel stupid or insecure.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Synthes (View Most Recent)

Best company I've ever worked at.

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Synthes

Pros

Very recession resistant company. Job security in current marketplace is wonderful! Bonus structure is very good, profit sharing and being able to jump on the private jets if there are open slots is awesome!

Cons

They could always pay more, hire more and always listen to what you suggest but that's the same complaint that you would have anywhere.

Keep making money and providing quality product and I won't complain (too much).

Synthes..... An overall positive and fun work experience!

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Synthes

Pros

The people are great and the work is great. I have met some really good friends while working at Synthes. We stride to provide the best medical devices on the market. I worked my way up through the company to have a much more rewarding job with much better pay. It is nice to think that the products I design are helping thousands of people across the world.

Cons

Being in the department I am in, I wish the job was more engineering intensive. I would like to use my brain more to analyze and figure out problems. I would like to really use my brain.

Keep on managing the number one trauma medical device company in the United States.

There are newer employer reviews for Synthes