Synthes
www.synthes.com West Chester, PA 5000+ Employees

Synthes is a horrible place to work if you seek to be promoted or try to imrove things

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Synthes

ProsSynthes is fine to work at as an entry-level person or in a terminal position such as admin, IT help desk, etc. The hours are good, benefits fine and facilities are decent. It is also a decent place to work if you have no ambition and like to work under the radar screen.

ConsExecutive management at this place is absolutely the worst. The few people who try to imrove things are either beaten down verbally or pushed out the door. Promotions at the upper levels are reserved for friends of the founder or Board or for "Yes Men" that have no soul. Be careful about coming here as I understand they are very aggressive about non-competes even though they have no problem hiring people from competitors. In this economy you have to take the jobs that are available, but check around with former employees and see if you can find any that have fond memories of the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to management is of no value because they do not listen to employees anyway. They seem to feed on making people feel stupid or insecure.

Best company I've ever worked at.

Rather Not Say (Current Employee)

I have been working at Synthes

Pros: Very recession resistant company. Job security in current marketplace is wonderful! Bonus structure is very good,… Cons: They could always pay more, hire more and always listen to what… Advice to Senior Management: Keep making money and providing quality product and I won't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Synthes..... An overall positive and fun work experience!

Product Development Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Synthes

Pros: The people are great and the work is great. I have met some really good friends while working at Synthes. We stride to provide the… Cons: Being in the department I am in, I wish the job was more engineering intensive. I would like… Advice to Senior Management: Keep on managing the number one trauma medical device company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Synthes.

Worked for Synthes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Synthes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Synthes CEO Michel Orsinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Synthes employees.