Syracuse University
www.syr.edu Syracuse, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ok to work for if you are a "yes sir" kind of person

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Syracuse, NY

ProsBenefits package, pay rate was ok considering the other benefits you get including free education. A lot of different departments you can work under.

ConsCan be very cut throat. Management doesn't care about their employees advancing and bettering themselves, they only care about themselves. It can be very clicky and University contributions to benefits are on the decline.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees, take care of them and they will take care of you.

Interesting time for an interesting place

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Syracuse University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people Great benefits Great to be a part of a University Cons: Going through a lot of change right now Advice to Senior Management: Utilize a more participative management approach; Obtain input from all employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stable and steady employment

Computer Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Syracuse University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Job security is high, and the university provides a highly stable job environment. Benefits are competitive, and the workplace is relatively laid back. Room to… Cons: Layers of bureaucracy (Staff side of university) lead to innovation taking a long period… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Syracuse University.

Worked for Syracuse University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Syracuse University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Syracuse University CEO Kent Syverud. All reviews posted anonymously by Syracuse University employees.