There are newer employer reviews for Sysco

Old school mentality. Pennies business and treat employees as commodities

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Sysco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Largest in their industry. Pension

Cons

Slow to adapt to change. Unprofessional at corporate office. Not good at onboarding.

Advice to Management

Teach people email and meeting etiquete

Other Employee Reviews for Sysco

Dead end Sales Job

Former Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Wisconsin Dells, WI

I worked at Sysco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some flexibility in hours, free food from all the samples

Cons

Well do I start! The most you will make is when you start. Was there for 6 years and increased my sales by 10% or better each year however I made less every year. Had 7 different pay plans during that time and every salary change I was promised that I would make more money! Hogwash! Management was way over their heads, poor decisions. Being on call all the time, no help from customer service. Unorganized district meetings, what a joke. LOL 99% of the reps hated them and thought it was a waste of time....

Advice to Management

Keep it simple. Too much management stuck in there office chairs trying to come up with ideas on how to increase sales. How can you do that when you have no clue of what is really happening on the road. Get off your buts and talk/visit with your customers! Listen to your sales people. Management has no clue. How can you spend thousands of dollars on a food show just to have management sit on their buts away from the customers talking about what they were going to do on the weekend!!! I'm a professional but this company had no plan for me. Dead end job. Super glad I left . Now I'm back on career growth and meeting my potential......

One day SYSCO will put a knife in your back

Former Employee - SAP Functional Analyst II in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - SAP Functional Analyst II in Houston, TX

I worked at Sysco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good hardworking people, learning different systems

Cons

Long ours, weekends, on-calls and too much Smoked testing at 7am on Sundays... Little or no trainings, no career oportunities.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be in charge of bad company decisions, not the people working hard for little money...