Sysco

There are newer employer reviews for Sysco

District Manager

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sysco full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexability in hours
Not confined to an office. On the road

Cons

Company is ran by corporate and there is little consideration or understaning of the real world.
Focus is often put on things that have no relavance while things that need to be addressed go unaddressed.
Customers needs are often an afterthought. The bottom line is the most important thing to upper management no matter how adversly it affects customers.

Listen to your customers needs and sales peoples ideas. They are the heart of the company.

296 Other Employee Reviews for Sysco (View Most Recent)

Dead end Sales Job

Former Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Wisconsin Dells, WI

I worked at Sysco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some flexibility in hours, free food from all the samples

Cons

Well do I start! The most you will make is when you start. Was there for 6 years and increased my sales by 10% or better each year however I made less every year. Had 7 different pay plans during that time and every salary change I was promised that I would make more money! Hogwash! Management was way over their heads, poor decisions. Being on call all the time, no help from customer service. Unorganized district meetings, what a joke. LOL 99% of the reps hated them and thought it was a waste of time....

Keep it simple. Too much management stuck in there office chairs trying to come up with ideas on how to increase sales. How can you do that when you have no clue of what is really happening on the road. Get off your buts and talk/visit with your customers! Listen to your sales people. Management has no clue. How can you spend thousands of dollars on a food show just to have management sit on their buts away from the customers talking about what they were going to do on the weekend!!! I'm a professional but this company had no plan for me. Dead end job. Super glad I left . Now I'm back on career growth and meeting my potential......

Was a great company

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Sysco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, If you get a good manager they really give you the chance to be succesful

Cons

They claim it is unlimited income potential but they limit you through changing the salary every few years

Take care of your emploeyees.

There are newer employer reviews for Sysco