There are newer employer reviews for Sysco

It has been a very experiencing and great career so far.

Current Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative )  in  Jackson, MS
Current Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sysco offers the customer the best service available in the food distribution industry.

Cons

It's a corporation owned by shareholders which could be a con when the market is in trouble.

Pay attention to main competitors in different market areas. For example: Louisiana has different main competitors as Mississippi, and Mississippi has different main competitors than Alabama. All these different competitors have different prices and deviations on certain products.

254 Other Employee Reviews for Sysco (View Most Recent)

District Manager

Current Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexability in hours
    Not confined to an office. On the road

Cons

Company is ran by corporate and there is little consideration or understaning of the real world.
    Focus is often put on things that have no relavance while things that need to be addressed go unaddressed.
    Customers needs are often an afterthought. The bottom line is the most important thing to upper management no matter how adversly it affects customers.

Listen to your customers needs and sales peoples ideas. They are the heart of the company.

Dead end Sales Job

Former Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative )  in  Wisconsin Dells, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate (Sales Representative ) in Wisconsin Dells, WI

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some flexibility in hours, free food from all the samples

Cons

Well do I start! The most you will make is when you start. Was there for 6 years and increased my sales by 10% or better each year however I made less every year. Had 7 different pay plans during that time and every salary change I was promised that I would make more money! Hogwash! Management was way over their heads, poor decisions. Being on call all the time, no help from customer service. Unorganized district meetings, what a joke. LOL 99% of the reps hated them and thought it was a waste of time....

Keep it simple. Too much management stuck in there office chairs trying to come up with ideas on how to increase sales. How can you do that when you have no clue of what is really happening on the road. Get off your buts and talk/visit with your customers! Listen to your sales people. Management has no clue. How can you spend thousands of dollars on a food show just to have management sit on their buts away from the customers talking about what they were going to do on the weekend!!! I'm a professional but this company had no plan for me. Dead end job. Super glad I left . Now I'm back on career growth and meeting my potential......

There are newer employer reviews for Sysco

Worked for Sysco? Contribute to the Community!