Sysco
www.sysco.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Incompetent middle managers make the job difficult.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sysco full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company offers good benefits and training. There are some very experienced people who can teach new employees a lot about the food business.

ConsThis company is very "flavor of the week" and will change focus and direction on a dime. Shareholders are the prime focus to the detriment of employees. Employees are paying the price for failed initiatives and the company has made many cuts that make the job extremely difficult. Unqualified "yes men" who blame their employees for their own failures are promoted to the detriment of the company. Morale is in the basement at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes and hold middle managers accountable.

Hard work, could pay off well

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sysco full-time for more than a year

Pros: Create your own schedule. Not micromanaged, they only hire people… Cons: Could get stuck selling in a unprofitable area, financial gain… Advice to Senior Management: Work on standard programs and stop trying to roll out new ones. You are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

DSM

I have been working at Sysco

Pros: leading a team during a period of change Cons: old boyz network and politics More

There are newer reviews on Sysco.

Worked for Sysco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sysco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sysco CEO Bill DeLaney. All reviews posted anonymously by Sysco employees.