Sysco

There are newer employer reviews for Sysco

Great company!

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Intern in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Quality Assurance Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Sysco as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Great compensation for interns.
The summer program was a great way to get to know the company; we were taken to several outings to ballets and things of that nature. We also had to create a presentation at the end of the summer to describe what we had learned and present it to several executives.
Overall a great experience.

Cons

It was a great experience overall and I have very few negative things to say about the company.

309 Other Employee Reviews for Sysco (View Most Recent)

Sysco is a very people friendly, helpful and employees are just as friendly 5 star rating

Former Employee - Mailroom Clerk/Document Management in Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Mailroom Clerk/Document Management in Cypress, TX

I worked at Sysco full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sysco will make sure to help you as long as you are willing to do your part.

Cons

Sysco is more than likely misrated

Be more employee active

Disappointing of continuous cost cutting measures

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Sysco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is slight above average and I am quite happy with it. Training is adequate and you get updated from time to time with new info in the market.

Cons

1) A fair amount of good employees got laid off because of cost cutting which was very sad. I worked there for 4 years and the people I saw on my first day, only a few of the office staffs were still there. 2) If you were a salesperson, you pretty much have no work-life balance because you work 6 days a week(Monday to Friday and Sunday), customers can call you anytime to complain and you are left with no reason not to pick up calls.

As the biggest food service company in the U.S., Sysco should employ more people locally instead of thinking to put everything in Texas. They should realize some of the things can just be done locally and you can never change that. Also employees deserve more work-life balance, after all people have family and working 6 days a week is just over-bearing.

There are newer employer reviews for Sysco