There are newer employer reviews for Sysco

Has been a big learning experience

Current Employee - Finance
Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Sysco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers Above average salary

Cons

Management are not all on same page.

Advice to Management

Policy should be enforced for all employees the same not by how long you have worked there or who you know. Exceptions should not be made for those considered special.

Other Employee Reviews for Sysco

Decent company in a GREAT location

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cypress, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cypress, TX

I worked at Sysco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture. I worked here as a temp for a few weeks and everyone seemed super nice. They kept talking to me about applying for the permanent position through their website. They are about to merge with U.S. Foods and so there will be MANY job opportunities coming through the pipeline.

Cons

For the department I was in (CIM), I asked about compensation and was very underwhelmed. I've read some reviews describing how the training (company-wide) was basically non-existent. Speaking from my experience, I can see how some would say that. There were things I had to "play around with and figure out" to keep from asking a question every 2 seconds...I guess that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

I have none as I was not there long enough.

2. Great company

Current Employee - Customer Service in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Sysco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work in customer service and it is very steady and routine. Most days are typical and you know what to expect at each time of the day. I learned a lot very fast.

Cons

At the end of the day, it is literally like the NYSE as it is all about beating the clock. The sales representatives tend to be very needy or demanding and use you for things they can do themselves.

Advice to Management

I think upper management does a really good job.. One thing I would suggest would be remember how you got to where you are every day.. At the end of the day I think someone should be able to look in the mirror and say, there is nothing more I could have done. Through doing this and being sincere, there will always be that voice in the back of your head describing how you could have handled your most difficult task a little differently, for better or worse.