There are newer employer reviews for Sysco

Typical corporation. Plenty of good people, but not a good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Merchandiser
Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Sysco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The compensation is good...pay & benefits. Good people that ultimately care about providing top-level service & products to their customers. Also, they have locations across North America so you have opportunities to "move up the ladder" as positions become available, if you're willing to move.

Cons

No work/life balance. The culture lends itself to the expectation of 50+ hr work weeks for salaried associates. There have been many weeks that I've worked 60-70 hrs... Not all positions are like this, but most people that have "succeeded" have made significant sacrifices in their personal lives to attain the level they're at with the company. I don't believe this is unique to Sysco. Most large corporations expect a lot from their employees & if someone doesn't want to sacrifice their family life for the company, there's always someone willing to step in their place.

Advice to Management

Find a way to continue to provide the level of service our customers have become accustomed to, but provide your employees a better chance at having a life outside of Sysco. Many good people have lived their lives "for Sysco" under the guise if "providing for their family" & 20 yrs later they're divorced with adult children that they didn't see grow up. If people are going to "give" that much, the least you could do is care enough to make sure they don't have to.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

no a good job

I worked at Sysco

Pros

good pay thats about all

Cons

terrible hours, management talked down to people, overall bad experience

Advice to Management

you suck

Decent company in a GREAT location

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cypress, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cypress, TX

I worked at Sysco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture. I worked here as a temp for a few weeks and everyone seemed super nice. They kept talking to me about applying for the permanent position through their website. They are about to merge with U.S. Foods and so there will be MANY job opportunities coming through the pipeline.

Cons

For the department I was in (CIM), I asked about compensation and was very underwhelmed. I've read some reviews describing how the training (company-wide) was basically non-existent. Speaking from my experience, I can see how some would say that. There were things I had to "play around with and figure out" to keep from asking a question every 2 seconds...I guess that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

I have none as I was not there long enough.