My Experience with Systel

I have been working at Systel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

To learn the concepts of Telecommunication, and could be as a start of your career. You have to leave in 2 to 3 years Max.

Cons

No Timing, No career bulding, No comensation.

Other Reviews for Systel

Friendly and nice staff to work with

Current Employee - Legal Assistant  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Systel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and nice staff to work with.

Cons

I had to give up $1/hr to get benefits and they don't offer any type of PTO

Offer PTO

Undervalued

I have been working at Systel

Pros

In my role I am able to be out in he field (territory) 3 days a week. I am able to meet with potential clients and discuss their business and their goals. I am able to do a comprehensive analysis and offer solutions to help improve efficiencies and/or elevate productivity. Most of the time I able to offer solutions that can reduce or control costs and handle pain points they may not have been aware of. I act as a consultant to help them focus on growing their business and to reduce concerns with workflow management. I am thrilled to be able to have such a comprehensive suite of products to help companies thrive.

Cons

The biggest challenge is trying to learn a new field with very little guidance from seasoned reps. The sales executives are very divided. The seasoned reps or inaccessible and all though there are many resources within the company, they are so overworked that it is very difficult to engage them in situations. As a new sales executive, it Is very difficult to stay positive and focus on growing my client base due to the gross underpayment (base salary). This company, on average pays $15,000 less per year for a base salary than most every other company in NC. As so many of us feel under appreciated and under valued we have trouble finding the strength to survive the first 6 months. There is no assistance to help a new rep, monetarily, while they are on ramp up. Also, at .30 cents a mile for using our personal cars to work it is a real strain to keep my vehicle maintained and gassed up. All technicians get company vehicles which they have to drive until it reaches 200,000 miles, but those of us bringing in the business are treated poorly. Honestly, I have gone into debt these first months trying to build my business. We have been out of the office almost three weeks in the first 3-4 months for training which again does not lend to growing our business. if we were treated with respect and taken care of, productivity would increase. I have to use government funded assistance just put food on my table and keep a roof over my head.

Valued employees who can focus on their jobs... Will work harder and smarter for you if they aren't trying to figure out how they are going to put gas in their vehicles, food on the table and clothes on their back. At another job when my pay was much higher I was so much more productive and willing to go the extra mile for my company. I still always sing the praises of the company that paid fairly and awarded me along the way. Stop talking about how many houses you have and how inconvenient it is when you have to fly your private plane to a branch. We are literally having to borrow money and go in debt to work here. We have to use government assistance to make it through these early months and I assure you you are not creating a warm enviornment where we will fight for this company or you. You are creating tension and resentment. A fair wage or even a base salary higher for the first year as we develop our client base would go a long way to company loyalty and creating a work enviornment that will breed success. And for the love of god in the first 90 days (again where people are most in need) don't refuse to pay us for a holiday and not give us the option to work. Missing a day of meager pay is much more impactful than you can imagine.

There are newer employer reviews for Systel.

Worked for Systel? Contribute to the Community!