System Circulation Partners

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Manager in Laguna Hills, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Laguna Hills, CA

I worked at System Circulation Partners

Pros

Short shifts, like 5 or 6 hours. That's pretty much the only pro I can think of.

Cons

Shady business practices. A lot of my high school reps only made like $10 after working 20 hours a week. Charge backs mysteriously appeared and knocked our pay down on big checks. We were basically going door to door begging for people to give us money and in return we'd give them the newspaper and Entertainment Books. It was horrible. I was embarrassed to work there. No benefits or steady pay. One week you could make $1,000 and the next because all your 15 year old high school students sales team quit or missed work, you made $200. In my 6 months working for System Circulation Partners, I made a whopping $10,000 and spent about $140 a week on gas and another $50 a week on employee bonuses, it was far from the "possible 6 figure income" I was told about when I signed on with them.

Be more honest with people. Don't spin things to look positive when it is negative. Have the company put its money where their mouth is and support their managers by offering a steady pay.

2 Other Employee Reviews for System Circulation Partners (View Most Recent)

Challenging job, great management

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Lake Forest, CA

I worked at System Circulation Partners

Pros

Jim Shirley and Mike Jewels are great leaders, coaches, and will care about your success given that you care about it yourself. I've seen a lot of turnover in this job because those managers that didn't last thought it was their sales reps that controlled their success. A lot companies in the door-to-door subscription sales are shady, but SCP is a solid company that does things the right way.

Don't be fooled, this job isn't easy. It requires one to actively engage their reps at all times, and although you will have your successes, you must fight the urge to rest easy. Your sales team will fall apart over night if you cease to actively manage.

Just like any situation in life, you will only get the respect you deserve in this company. Your superiors will not waste their time in helping you grow if you are lazy to help yourself, i.e. commitment to recruiting and hiring, doing door time with your reps

I will say also that working hard is not the same as working smart, and I learned through this opportunity how to use hard work to build a foundation to working smart.

Cons

The down side is the beginning of your career when new managers must prove themselves worthy of coaching and help. You must look at the bigger picture and want to look at the successful managers to see what they are doing right, and take the initiative in implementing what they are doing in good faith.

Keep actively hiring! a big management team creates a stronger environment for success. Just like how managers must have full teams.

There are newer employer reviews for System Circulation Partners