Systems Evolution

www.sysev.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Systems Evolution

What you hear in the Inteview Process is not smoke and mirrors

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Management Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time (less than a year)

Pros

What you hear in the interview process, which is extensive, is not smoke and mirrors. The interiview process is intended to find the absolute best candidates both for talent and culture. You hear the same things over and over again from each person you speak with, sometimes it can make you wonder if it was staged, too good to be true, or a fancy sales pitch line that they all use to suck you in. Not the case with SEI, you do indeed hear the same thing over and over again purposely, to make sure you are the right fit for SEI and they are the right fit for you. When you get to SEI it is all true, not a smoke show, the work life balance is real, the culture, collaboration, and partnering are real, the talent is the best, the sharing is real, the respect for one another is real. There is no jockeying for position, everyone wants everyone else to succeed, part of the true employee owned aspect. If you truly want to experience the "too good to be true" aspects that you typically hear in an interview you should check out SEI. If you like challenge, if you like to take your core skillsets and be given the opportunity to use them in different and challenging situations, if you truly like to be given the opportunity to partner with your clients and truly identify and bring real value to them, you need to check out SEI. So far so good, coming from industry, coming from management positions in the past, this is a true eye opening experience.

Cons

So far none to see, everyone has been welcoming, what you see is what you get. Looking to see if there are any but none to be identified. The one item would be, someone coming from a high level position in industry starts at the same level as anyone else, that is a positive, the negative is that means the salary for year one as well. Sometimes that can be a shock to some people if looking at the short term aspect only.

Stay with the course you are on, it makes sense, it clearly is working and is a breath of fresh air compared to big company politics and magic shows.

121 Other Employee Reviews for Systems Evolution (View Most Recent)

It’s OK to be skeptical...

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Let’s face it, not many companies have as many positive reviews as SEI, and a reasonable person will be suspicious of an outlier such as this. As a keen observer of business for many years, I believe it is *very* difficult to build and run a company where everyone is happy. This sad fact is reflected in most of the glassdoor ratings I read. SEI is different. Everyone seems happy here.

If you were a fly on the wall at an SEI meeting, you would see this happiness, energy, and spirit not normally seen in business. I don’t know if I can put my finger one sustaining principle that produces this “magic”. Perhaps it’s the cumulative effect of many good ideas combined with great people. Whatever it is, it's contagious and is what keeps me here.

Cons

The main con is more about being a consultant. To be an exceptional consultant, you must devote many hours of study outside your normal job to keep up your peers and younger generation. There is no coasting. I’m OK with this, but not everyone is.

Boutique Consulting Firm: Home town consultants with national reach

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Systems Evolution is a company built from the idea that corporations aren't a great place to work. We the consultants run our business with our ideas, our hard work, and our expertise in business and technology. It's very satisfying work because we've built what we have as a team and we've all got each other's backs. I feel blessed to have found this group which I consider masters at their professions and very good friends!

Cons

The cons to our approach is that it all falls on us. It's a lot of work to run a business AND work at the client. As much work as it is, however, I believe it's the most effective way to operate.

There are newer employer reviews for Systems Evolution