There are newer employer reviews for Systems Made Simple

Very satisfying and rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Systems Made Simple

Pros

Compensation and benefits are great. The environment is very laid back and freindly. You get to work directly with the CFO and the controllers and get first hand experience.

Cons

expansion opportunities seems to be a downfall. Eventhough the company is growing, it will take time for me to move up.

reviews filtered by

Great

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Systems Made Simple

Pros

SMS offers competitive salaries, benefits, etc. Upper level management is not untouchable. In other words, they make themselves available whenever you have a question or need to chat. They take care of their employees. My job was in jeapodary 3 times due to budget cuts by our clients and each time the SMS management staff found me other positions within the company; all of which were beneficial to my career.

Cons

I wish they had more permanent positions vs contract.

Keep showing your employees how much you care and you'll be a huge success going forward!

2. Taking Government Money and Doing Very Little

Current Employee - Program Manager/Project Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager/Project Manager

I have been working at Systems Made Simple

Pros

They provide a paycheck. One week vacation if you are full time SMS. Average health care benefits. 4% match on 401K if you work full time for SMS.

Cons

No career advancement. Poor management of projects. The VA moves at the pace of a turtle. Projects are not valuable for career experience. SMS is happy with having many PMs sit around and surf the net. The VA stonewalls any growth or real changes. There is a huge lack of urgency. If you try to work on other projects SMS will not let you. You are basically bored. The real challenge is not going crazy with boredome.

Be honest. Stop sugar coating and marketing the projects as wonderful.

There are newer employer reviews for Systems Made Simple