Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc
www.spa.com Alexandria, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Good Company Benefits, But...

Alexandria, VA

ProsThis company is an outstanding place to start a career in Defense. The benefits are excellent. In fact, few companies compare. Fresh out of college, it makes good sense for a young engineer, IT professional, analyst, etc. to cut their teeth. It's not even a bad place for a mid-level professional. But be prepared for antiquated ways of thinking where management philosophies and overall leadership is concerned. There are really two employment rankings there; the average paid (and not by Industry standards, either), and the very handsomely paid vice presidents, or division leads. There really is not much "in-between." The highly paid have either been there for a ga-zillion years demonstrating their undying loyalty to the CEO, Phil Lantz, thereby earning those big bucks, or are well-respected former military retirees (double-dippers). More times than not, these are individuals who are not progressive thinkers where modern management/leadership concepts are concerned and who know how to communicate effectively and get the most from their employees. That said, career advancement takes a back seat. So, do a couple or even three years and enjoy those perks and good benefits. Just don't get too used to it, as you won't find many places with your own office space outside SPA. But you will find other places that will land you better salaries, give you more experience, and help you grow professionally.

ConsNo career advancement. Not a clear "way forward" for the organization in terms of its future goals and aspirations.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the CEO, Mr. Lantz engages himself more, he may find through communicating more with his staff where his rock stars really are. May need some good strategic planners onboard as well.

One of the best employers in America

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Pros: Benefits are second to none, salary meets or exceeds similar employers in DC area. Company is not… Cons: SPA has many of the same downsides that come with working for any government contractor, but these are mostly… Advice to Senior Management: Phil is probably the only person that I've worked for since I left the military that I would trust my life with. SPA is a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to Work

Senior Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Pros: Company treats its employees very well The benefits package is outstanding Collegial… Cons: Standard business dress Few opportunities for advancement due to the relatively… Advice to Senior Management: In some instances, I think that company personnel could be utilized in a more effective way. Many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc.

Worked for Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc CEO Kirk Donald . All reviews posted anonymously by Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc employees.