There are newer employer reviews for Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

One of the best employers in America

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Pros

Benefits are second to none, salary meets or exceeds similar employers in DC area. Company is not too large (500 employees), which means you'll get to know everyone from the President to the janitor.

Cons

SPA has many of the same downsides that come with working for any government contractor, but these are mostly out of the company's control. Off-site work environment, government shutdowns and the like cannot be controlled by the company.

Phil is probably the only person that I've worked for since I left the military that I would trust my life with. SPA is a successful company for a reason, and Phil's management style and ability to hire the right people accounts for almost all of that success.
Not all management is in line with this. Some do not fully support his employees right to succeed in the company, but this is a small minority. There also seems to be a disconnect in how prior-service military members treat non-priors. Many of these people bring a lot to the table, and it should be a point of the company to foster this respect in the company culture (spoken from a prior-service myself).

20 Other Employee Reviews for Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Operations Research Analyst  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Research Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Pros

Company treats its employees very well
    The benefits package is outstanding
    Collegial Atmosphere
    Hard work and ability will get you recognized

Cons

Standard business dress
    Few opportunities for advancement due to the relatively small size of the company (~500)
    Over 40 hours per week

In some instances, I think that company personnel could be utilized in a more effective way. Many project teams are put together in a somewhat ad-hoc manner due solely to the availability of particular employees

Overall good place to work

Former Employee - Senior Business and Acquisition Analyst  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Business and Acquisition Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Pros

Excellent work environment - almost everyone has their own offices
    Strong corporate culture
    Benefits are very good - 10% of salary to 401K, no cost medical insurance

Cons

42.5hr workweek
    Organized by customer so there many similar silos that don't speak to each other
    Hire retired military/feds for management positions - little opportunity to be promoted

Grow management organically rather than import retirees.

There are newer employer reviews for Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Worked for Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc? Contribute to the Community!