Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

www.spa.com

One of the best employers in America

Analyst (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsBenefits are second to none, salary meets or exceeds similar employers in DC area. Company is not too large (500 employees), which means you'll get to know everyone from the President to the janitor.

ConsSPA has many of the same downsides that come with working for any government contractor, but these are mostly out of the company's control. Off-site work environment, government shutdowns and the like cannot be controlled by the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPhil is probably the only person that I've worked for since I left the military that I would trust my life with. SPA is a successful company for a reason, and Phil's management style and ability to hire the right people accounts for almost all of that success.
Not all management is in line with this. Some do not fully support his employees right to succeed in the company, but this is a small minority. There also seems to be a disconnect in how prior-service military members treat non-priors. Many of these people bring a lot to the table, and it should be a point of the company to foster this respect in the company culture (spoken from a prior-service myself).

Great Place to Work

Senior Operations Research Analyst (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Pros: Company treats its employees very well The benefits package is outstanding Collegial… Cons: Standard business dress Few opportunities for advancement due to the relatively… Advice to Senior Management: In some instances, I think that company personnel could be utilized in a more effective way. Many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall good place to work

Senior Business and Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

I worked at Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc

Pros: Excellent work environment - almost everyone has their own offices Strong corporate culture Benefits… Cons: 42.5hr workweek Organized by customer so there many similar silos that don't speak to… Advice to Senior Management: Grow management organically rather than import retirees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc.

Worked for Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc? Contribute to the Community!