T.G.I. Friday's

Awful

Current Employee - Hostess in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Hostess in Columbus, OH

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

decent money (you get tipped out), it can be fun environment, depends on the management, pretty flexible with your schedule

Cons

management is all about themselves, only focus on the bad and are awful at recognizing when someone does a good job, the servers and bartenders treat the hosts like crap, the management plays favorites, you never know when you're getting off work because you are "cut" whenever they don't need you anymore, training is all done by co-workers and not management which sets you up for failure.

take time to recognize those who do a good job,

360 Other Employee Reviews for T.G.I. Friday's (View Most Recent)

Profits > Good Service

Former Employee - Waiter in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Waiter in Bloomington, MN

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

-Good health/dental benefits for a restaurant job
    -Flexible schedules

Cons

-Senior management (GM) talked down to employees and was more concerned with store sales than good service
    -Coupons and deals make for small tabs and even smaller tips
    -You get in trouble for low sales. The GM wanted every server to sell $13 of food to each person; not the easiest task when Friday's offers and all-you-can-eat lunch for $6.99.
    -Friday's new business model ("Ring the Bell Service") forces servers to converse with every table and SELL, SELL, SELL. Most people just want their food, not a sales pitch from Office Space's "Brian." In my opinion, this business model will fail after customers become fed-up with the sales pitch/forced conversation.

GM needs to respect employees and talk TO them, not THROUGH them.

Great part time job

Former Employee - Server in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Server in Rochester, NY

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

I basically got to write my own schedule. There was always someone looking to give up a shift or take one. They were very flexible for schedules like going to school or a full time job.

Cons

They tried to allow breaks but if it was busy you really couldn't take one. I don't know if there is much that can be done about that though. There were a lot of training meetings which probably could have taken place before or after a shift rather than making people come in when the store was closed.

I enjoyed working with all of my immediate managers. After 5 years of employment I only briefly met the regional managers above them.

There are newer employer reviews for T.G.I. Friday's