Awful

Current Employee - Hostess in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Hostess in Columbus, OH

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

decent money (you get tipped out), it can be fun environment, depends on the management, pretty flexible with your schedule

Cons

management is all about themselves, only focus on the bad and are awful at recognizing when someone does a good job, the servers and bartenders treat the hosts like crap, the management plays favorites, you never know when you're getting off work because you are "cut" whenever they don't need you anymore, training is all done by co-workers and not management which sets you up for failure.

Advice to Management

take time to recognize those who do a good job,

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ok job to have if you attend school

Current Employee - Hostess in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Hostess in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Schedule can be flexible, it is a good job to have while you are in school. Also, opportunities to learn great customer service skills.

Cons

The management controls everything. Depending on what store you are applying for, if the management is bad, do not bother.

Advice to Management

As you are being interview, make sure to ask questions to the manager. In this restaurant business what matters is the relationship with the management.

2. Great part time job

Former Employee - Server in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Server in Rochester, NY

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

I basically got to write my own schedule. There was always someone looking to give up a shift or take one. They were very flexible for schedules like going to school or a full time job.

Cons

They tried to allow breaks but if it was busy you really couldn't take one. I don't know if there is much that can be done about that though. There were a lot of training meetings which probably could have taken place before or after a shift rather than making people come in when the store was closed.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working with all of my immediate managers. After 5 years of employment I only briefly met the regional managers above them.